1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If God is NEVER informed by man, then please explain this...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sense in beating dead horses, so this will be my last response.

I didn't say otherwise. Adam was created good, but not incorruptible. Adam was corrupted and chose to regard Eve's desires above God's commandment.

And the universal non-optional principle is that a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit. In Adam, all died.

Actually, they died in Adam. They and you were stillborn. It's that simple.

Our sin is not after the similitude of Adam's sin. He was created good and alive and free, and disobeyed not because of the power of death over him, but because he corrupted himself.

But death reigns over us from the moment of conception. We are corrupt from conception, and a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit.

More than that, because Adam was once enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift, and was made a partaker of the Holy Ghost, and tasted of the good word of God and the powers of the world to come, (he walked and talked with God) and fell away he could not be renewed to repententance. He was not saved, and salvation was not offered to him. And so Christ reckons the righteous (by faith) of Adam's race from Abel, not Adam.

So, if indeed your children are born good and free and uncorrupted, then their sin is in the similitude of Adam's sin, and salvation is not offered them.

He corrupted himself.

Proverbs 16:4: The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

You must have missed that the first time I posted it.

You, of course, will say, "Uh-uh!" So, save it for another thread. I'm done in this one.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I don't blame you for stepping out before you have to answer the questions posed. We both know they will reveal the weakness of your system.

That doesn't answer the question as to "what corrupted Adam" or WHY did Adam CHOOSE sin over God's commandment?

This is where the debate over true freewill come to a crux. Either Adam freely (contra-causally) chose to sin, or he chose according to his greatest desire which was determined by God who created him in such a way that he could not have done otherwise. Which is it?

I've never seen a "stillborn" rebel against someone, yet you believe that dead men rebel against God. My point is that you carry the illustration too far.

14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

What do you mean by "free" here? How did he corrupt himself? Could he have done otherwise? If not, why not?

Not even if the tree is approached by God himself with the powerful life giving message of reconciliation? Where is that taught in scripture?

I agree with the scholar Adam Clarke who wrote about this verse: "He does not make the wicked or ungodly man; but when man has made himself such, even then God bears with him. But if he repent not, when the measure of his iniquity is filled up, he shall fall under the wrath of God his Maker."

In light of such clear passages regarding God's holiness and his not even tempting men to evil (James 1), it would be completely inconsistent to take this passage to mean God makes men wicked. Clearly, it means that even those who are wicked are used for Himself and will be judged for their rebellion. It certainly doesn't say, "because God foreknew all things before creating all things then he must have predetermined it to be." The concept of foreknowledge is not even mentioned in this passage.

You know as well as I that my arguments are much more that mere "uh-uh" statements. I've treated you with respect and have stayed on topic. If you wish to end the discussion just say so, but to insinuate that you are bailing because I offer nothing more than "uh-uh's" is clearly a red herring/ad homenium tactic to avoid the difficulty of your position.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Aaron, you never answer the question as to "what corrupted Adam" or WHY did Adam CHOOSE sin over God's commandment?