1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If God Never decreed/ordained the Fall...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Agent47, Jan 25, 2017.

?
  1. Most certainly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It is impossible to know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. He never ordained the Fall in the first place.

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imiginary time!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are still free to do what sinners can do, but cannot choose outside those boundaries!

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This sort of thing:

"God decreed the Fall but not Adam's sin"

"God ordained Adam's sin, but didn't cause it"

"God didn't give Adam enough grace to resist sinning, but he didn't decree Adam's sin, just decreed that Adam would Fall. This was also foreknown and predetermined."

"Decreeing sin is different than ordaining it, which is different from God's permissive will."

"Predetermining something is not decreeing it, it is ordaining it."

"God created all men (which is a decree) and God knows who will be saved because he Elects them (which is a decree) but the men that go to Hell, God permits them that choice through free will (which is either ordained or foreknowledge, which may or may not be the same thing...but for certain, in this case at least it is not predestination, but it might be predetermination, unless it's not...)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're missing my point. Any hypothetical alternative possibility would have to occur within space-time. Humans live and act in space-time.

The magical "get God of jail free" card of appealing to being outside of time doesn't work when you are talking about human actions.

5. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, there is no place where God says he "permits them to go to hell."

The wages of sin is death.

You and I are judged as sinners. We die. We go to hell...except by God choosing to pardon us because His wrath falls fully upon Jesus rather than upon us. Jesus atonement takes the Father's wrath so that it does not fall, rightly, upon us.

This is biblical.

What you present has no biblical merit. Nowhere is idea of permission presented. No, the reality is that Hell is our judgment by God's judicial decree. It is our just fate, unless God intervenes by grace and chooses to redeem us.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that's Edwards. I had to study that for a while before I saw the difference.

To use another example saying the same thing:

Some people (me and maybe one other guy somewhere in the world in living in his mother's basement) believe that God planned for Judas to betray Jesus. But the two of us also believe that God did not force Judas to sin (Judas sinned of his own free will, due to temptation that spoke to his lusts).

So, the "double speak" that you see is that I believe God is omniscient and Creator, but also believe sin comes from within man.

• Like Like x 1
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you don't see the contradiction?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you say that? When Abraham's faith was counted for righteousness. Of course I know Joshua didn't know Christ but he did know God. It was God that counted his faith as righteousness.

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
    foolishness is is trying to follow God with out faith. When we serve God we are following God
    MB

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did. So you must be wrong. Scripture never says a man cannot choose to follow God That is nonsense.
    MB

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't.

Another example is Joseph being sold into bondage. This is exactly the same with the addition of Scripture providing the "double speak" or contradiction. The act was purposed by the brothers as evil. Their act was sin. But God was behind the event, and that same act was "good" in His hands.

There, as well, I see no contradiction. God purposed the event (to save Israel and "make her a people"). But to the brothers it was sin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The decree was the Law and God never made a law where Adam must fall.
    MB

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can decide to do this or not, an God knows what would happen either way!
    He also has a Will and Plan;n to make sure what actually gets done is what fits into tat plan/purpose!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God decreed whre all sinners go who reject Jess, but he did not "force them" to reject Jesu!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said tht He chose us, not us Him, and that lost sinners choose to remainin darkness!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best example is the Cross....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except Paul tells us Adam's sin was a transgression as one transgresses the Law (his disobedience was to God's direct command, which carried the same condemnation... i.e., it was a law in the same sense).

The more I think of it th greater my appreciation is towards you for bringing this point. Perhaps the "law" to Adam was just as covenantal as the Law of Moses. God gives a command to Adam while Adam is dwelling with God, the consequence of death for disobedience. God gives the commands to Israel, the promise of obedience as entering that land, and of disobedience, death. In both cases disobedience shows the difference between God's righteousness and man's.

#196 JonC, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All humans sin. We are guilty of breaking God's law. Our fate is hell by God's sovereign authority. Our only escape is by God's merciful grace given by his choice to whomsoever he wills. It's God's choice, not ours, to make.

Left to our own devices we will always choose to rebel against God. Why? Because we have all gone astray. We are all filthy rags. We are rebels, just like ISIS, who plot our overthrow of the King. God laughs at our plans and mercifully chooses rebels to pardon and have his wrath fall on Jesus while leaving the other rebels to receive his wrath directly. It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What did Joshua tell the people in Chapter 24 vs 19, 20?

No one claimed that Joshua was not saved by grace. All whom God has chosen to redeem, from Adam to the present moment, have been saved by God's grace, not by the law. That is what we can take away in Joshua 24 and throughout the entire Bible.

Read Ephesians 2:1-10. You see that we cannot generate faith on our own power. God must give us faith as a gift. That's the only way to have faith. Thus, we can never choose to have faith and believe God unless God first chooses us.

19. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Inconsistence

20. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

God is not responsible nor the author of what He infallibly decreed. Joke of the century.

Replace the Fall with Light and try to argue that God did not create light; He just decreed light. Then somewhat there was light :Roflmao:Roflmaof

Only by sheer force of will can one desperately cling to such glaring inconsistency to make 'sense' out of their beloved theories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.