1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If Gov. McAuliffe Won’t Let Citizens Protect Themselves, Why Should They Pay to Protect Him?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Defunding the armed security detail that protects Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is only fair since the governor signed an executive order in October preventing law-abiding citizens from bringing their firearms onto state property, a Virginia state senator says.

“I’m only asking for equal protection here, basically,”Sen. Charles “Bill” Carrico(R-Galax) told CNSNews.com. “The governor talks about equal protection under the law, and that’s what I’m asking for.

“The budget amendment that I’m having drafted is drafted under the public safety section of the budget. And it basically says that th[ere] will not be any appropriations of funding used for the governor’s executive protection unit as long as his Executive Order 50 stays in place, which basically prohibits anyone from carrying concealed weapons on the state properties.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article..._content=facebook&utm_campaign=n-bill-carrico

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And all he has to do is rescind Executive Order 50 and call it Executive Order 51.Biggrin