1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If Guns Kill People...............

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, are there prisons for guns?

In America automobiles go on a rampage every year and kill 30-40,000 people and yet no automobile goes to jail either.

HankD.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody gets killed at a gun show due to the gun show loophole. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody gets killed at a gun show because most are carrying guns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, most are not. Every gun show I have ever been to has a "gun buster" sign out front. No guns allowed except by exhibitors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are indeed correct. That annoys me to no end. The very people who rant against gun free zones establish and enforce a gun free zone. (I totally oppose gun free zones, for the record)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not the case for the shows around here where I live. Most carry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to know. None of the shows around here allow it. Blame it on insurance, but that's a lame excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps there may be a legal requirement based on where it is held? Just seems odd to me. That would be like posting a gun store as no-weapons-allowed.

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was at a show a couple of years ago where an exhibitor had left a round loaded in the chamber of a pistol for sale (removed the magazine, but didn't clear the chamber - a rookie mistake). He handed it to a potential customer (without clearing the chamber!) who did not verify it was unloaded (!), but nevertheless used a bit of safety in that he aimed it at the floor as he was testing the trigger action. It went off in a very crowded room and everyone in the exhibition hall froze. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the dealer was immediately banned from the show.

Scary moment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you say, "most carry," are they carrying loaded weapons or are they carrying unloaded firearms for trade? You will indeed see many people carrying firearms at a gun show, but they will have a zip tie through the chamber to prevent them from being easily loaded.

Some people are really stupid and I can understand why folks at a gun show would not want some newbie quietly loading up a pistol to "try it out" and hurt people.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek:

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what I have experienced. Loaded, concealed weapons generally have been ok. Have not seen many people open-carrying at these things.

Did a quick look at the show schedule for a Wisconsin statewide organization that I am familiar with. There appears to be one show next month. I have never been to this one, but the rules seem to be similar to what I have come across.
    • All firearms, except those concealed by permit holders, must be brought onto the property unloaded and will be inspected and strapped before admittance. Magazines must be removed (if removable) and unloaded.
    • Firearms will be kept unloaded and strapped in a manner to prevent loading or firing.
    • Concealed Carry Welcome - No Open Carry - All personal defense firearms must remain holstered with the safety on (if applicable to your model of handgun), single action revolvers must have the hammers resting on an empty chamber unless equipped with a transfer bar type integral safety mechanism, and may only be handled in lawful self-defense.
    Wisconsin Firearm Owners Ranges Clubs Educators - Gun Show

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting!

In Texas, every show I have attended since concern carry because legal in Texas for permit holders, there has always been a ban on carrying a loaded firearms at the gun shows I have attended.

15. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gun shows ~

Depends on the state and rules within the state ~

Texas ~
    authorized to carry concealed ~ carry it concealed, don't unholster it.
    government property/building ~ not allowed, so if the gun show is govt. property, not allowed to carry.
    intend to fit for a new holster ~ carry gun in empty (don't bring the ammo in with you).
    intend to sell as walk around merchant ~ carry in full view, empty of ammo or ammo on your person.

Additional signage - specific to Texas statues ~

In Texas there are three different signs that restrict a License to Carry holder from carrying their handgun into a place of business. They are a 30.06 sign, a 30.07 sign, and a 51% sign.

A 30.06 sign is a sign that a business owner can post to restrict a LTC (License to Carry) holder from entering the business with a concealed handgun. The sign must contain the exact words required by Section 30.06 in both English and Spanish, be placed in an area visible to the public, and have 1" lettering or it will not be considered a legally-binding 30.06 sign. "Gunbuster" signs, or signs with a red slash through a gun, are not considered valid 30.06 postings.

A 30.07 sign is a sign that a business owner can post to restrict a LTC holder from entering the business with a handgun carried openly. The sign must contain the exact words required by Section 30.07 in both English and Spanish, be placed in an area visible to the public, and have 1" lettering or it will not be considered a legally-binding 30.07 sign. "Gunbuster" signs, or signs with a red slash through a gun, are not considered valid 30.07 postings.

A 51% sign is a sign that a business is required by law to post if 51% of their revenue is obtained through on-premises drinking, such as at a bar. Unfortunately this also has the consequence of not allowing LTC holders to enter the premises where the drinking is taking place while carrying their handgun.

Additional places are not required to post a sign to forbid LTC holders from entering the premises with their handgun as Texas law already forbids it, such as court houses and certain educational institutions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Texas is an oppressive state. ;)

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the gun stores in this area have "no loaded weapons policy."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember hearing about that on the news.

19. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is? How so?

20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even carried firearms? I can understand the requirement for guns that are going in for service, trade, etc...