1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If I Had A Magic Wand, I would...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Carolyn Dee, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

IF I HAD A MAGIC WAND...I would set up a newspaper that would be free of "alternative lifestyles" personal ads, obituaries at no charge (my paper charge $5.00 per line!!!), acknowledge veterans with a free "flag" in their obituaries (my paper charges for them, which I think shows poor class for those who served our country), remove those toll-free adult 'phone numbers in classifieds, promote Christian values, refuse to carry ads for alcohol-tobacco-and-gambling stuff, carry columns written by conservative writers, refuse to carry any liberal "advice" columns (they usually either approve or tolerate immorality).
    It's not a perfect world but I can dream, can I?
    If YOU had a magic wand, what would YOU do?
    In the meantime, this world will not continue as it is and Jesus Christ will make it all right. [​IMG]

2. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

I would burn it.

Acts 19:19
    Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Hey Timothy, did you change your mind about joining the group that doesn't let you use computers? [​IMG] Or just posting until you "officially" join?
    Gina

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

[​IMG] But, in the spirit of answering the question of what would I do if I had my druthers. I would subscribe to that newspaper. IF (and it is a very big IF) it was the practice of the paper to print the truth. Don't slant the articles to the conservative side and don't slant the articles to the liberal side. Just tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

5. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

No, I'm still joining.

Posting is an example of something I'll give up as a matter obedience, but not really as a matter of personal conviction. That being the case, I guess I'm not in that big of a hurry to quit before I officially join, i.e. come under their authority.

BTW, they do alllow computer use for business purposes - now if only I could get someone to pay me for posting here [​IMG]

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't really know, since if the choice were real, I'd probably debate the possible results more so than now, BUT-----!!!
    When I first read the question, my immediate response was, "MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR POLITICIANS TO LIE!" They would either be very quiet, (a noble goal in itself ;) ), or, or, or, something else!? :confused: :confused:

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would agree with the obituary part. My dad passed away and they put a free flag . . but charged per line and the flag, of course, took up a lot of space and cut the text in each line in half. They made their blood money off my dad.

Casper Star Tribune has a 300 word limit on letters, but they publish EVERY letter (some editted and cleaned up) that is sent. Some days there are 3 pages of letters to the editor. Lots of good discussion.

SUBJECT: Magic Wand? Change the heart of all men and give them repentance and faith so that all would be saved. Only Satan in the Lake of Fire with his minyons, not my neighbors.

Of course, if God wanted it that way, it would most certainly be. But that's why He's GOD and I'm Bob. :eek: