1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If I'm an american i will support this candidate....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

At least you admit it. You daughter will never be good enough to hold a supervisory position in your eyes, if she has male employees. I feel for the women in your life that you hold them in such low esteem.
    Keep your forgiveness, as I neither want, nor require it.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Try taking your own advice.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually my wife was a shipping manager for a candy company here for six years (she moved into sales now). And a very good one! She did not usurp authority over any men who did not willfully place themselves under her authority. In business we all have the right to come and go as we please. In government we are forced to accept the majority rule. There is a difference.

Don't worry for them, we love each other dearly!

God Bless! :thumbs:

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe women can and do hold high positions, and for the most part, legitimately. It's in the highest offices of government where their fallibilities should not be entertained. As the CEO of a corp. some woman can function fine, as there are always stockholders, employees, and the public to provide proper checks and balances, but as President, Vice President, house speaker, they should not. IMHO. There are exceptions of course, but generally the Bible doesn't mention it as a positive occurrence. Woman was created as a helpmate, not a head.

I've personally worked for a couple women, and their decision making was flawed, in many instances, which I know are isolated incidences, but somewhat indicative.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    These comments, taken together, sound dangerously close to being misogynistic.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have the utmost respect for women, I married one and fathered four, and am the grandfather of nine girls. I also know, as does each of my family, the proper role of a woman. And frankly, I couldn't care less, your opinion of me.

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Really just who is I support and provide proof of my support of them.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I Originally Posted.........

Which prompted this conclusion from Magnetic Poles......

Now folks here say that God's word concerning womans role of authority over men is for playing church only. Ok, if you believe this to be the case, why would you not say God hates women in the church because He says they are not to lead?

I say it and you say I hate women. God says it and ?

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not recall saying you hated women. I said your opinion of what the Bible says is flawed, which it is.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sounds like you have a very nice family with lots of sons-in-law. In the jobs over the years, there have been as many women supervisors as men. Mostly, I have ignored that fact and just done what I was there to do. I try to stay as uninvolved with those over me as possible.

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

[​IMG]

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God gave us instructions for the leadership structure of the church. God has not given us instructions for the leadership structure of government, in this case for the constitutional republic of these United States.

The problem is that some Christians want to impose the leadership structure ordained specifically for the church on the rest of the world.

There is no Biblical warrant for doing so.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True or false.......1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1Cr 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

This is not "my opinion". Take it up with God.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So in your view of scripture, God has given no authoritive structure between men and women, except to Christians?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it comes to areas outside of the purview of the church, yes.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Deleted post . . . self edit

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

All in contexts of worship here.

17. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

It's not only inside the church but in all aspect of life. It's true inside the homes "the husband is the head of the wife". It's also true to all.

The reasons:

I Timothy 2:
    13: For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    14: And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

The application is universal as all humanity came from adam. Unless you believe in evolution thus you have the reason not to follow it. :thumbs:

#117 faithcontender, Dec 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007
  18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting. So God has one set of guidelines for the saved men and women to follow and another set, or no set, of guidelines for the rest of His creation to follow.

I think you best go back a bit farther than the NT church and see how God has placed in order these principles for a structured creation.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't marriage called "holy matrimony"? It is not called "secular matrimony".

On the other hand, we do not refer to "holy government" or "holy business".

20. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

That's not the issue. The reasons for man's leadership is clear from the Word of God. It's because of the order of creation and woman's role in the fall of man.

Since matrimony and government are composed of humanity, therefore, this principle is applicable to all. It's true since the day of adam and will be true until the day when there is still humanity.

#120 faithcontender, Dec 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2007