1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "If My People..." A Promise God Never Made and A Prophetic Application Overlooked

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Nov 30, 2017.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the poor zombie starved to death. :(

:D:D:D

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I beg your pardon!

:Roflmao

HankD

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can do *all* things through Christ who strengthens me, means I can play in the NFL, even though I'm 50, and I can climb Mt Everest, and certainly I can ace the SATs and get accepted into Yale.

It also means that I can reply to 10 year old threads!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is reading this? Us
    For whose "admonition" was this scripture written? Ours

It's speaking to God's people anywhere, any time.
    And it don't say "If America will do thus and so" : it's saying that if Gods people will humble themselves, pray, seek His face and turn from THEIR wicked ways. Yeah Christians have pride and wicked ways; imagine that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry. It's not.

I know it's a lot to ask, but please read the context.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have, I think you need to read even more context. Like the whole Bible.....

1 Corintians 10 11Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

7. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [
    Written *for* and written *to* are two different things.

We are able to learn from what Israel did by observing its history, but none of those words where written *to* any of us, and that goes for almost all of the NT, as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it does have a parameter

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

HankD

9. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is much I wanted to add to this subject but, being out in the boonies, I have been without Internet much of the time.

We read in Hebrews that Christ is our Prophet, Priest, and King. And, as we are in Christ, we also have these functions (to a lesser degree, of course). We reign with Him. We are the priesthood of believers (acc. to Peter). We also prophesy - in the secondary sense of forth-telling, not foretelling.

And Christ is our spiritual Temple, He being the High Priest after the order of Melchizidek, "King of Righteousness". (BTW an interesting study is to see how many times the Kingdom that we are now in is associated with the term righteousness. There are quite a few verses, both in the Old Testament and the New.)

My point in all this is that the notion of a future temple, a future priesthood (turning back to the Levitical - a direct insult to the finalizing work of Messiah), future regulations from the past (like circumcision, sacrifices, etc.) that Christ abrogated once and for all - all of this flies in the face of what we believe Christians today and forever enjoy.

I really think that many well-meaning Christians just have not looked into what the whole Millennial scheme implies as to our current faith in Christ. It would be a horrible anachronism, breach of faith - of THE Faith - and an undoing of the work of Christ.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why?

In the coming millennial kingdom Christ will be glorified in that all that the scripture had predicted, prophesied and promised concerning Him shall be realized.

And no doubt the economy of the government which is on His shoulders will be modified to reflect that fulfillment of ALL that was written concerning Him (after his appearing of course).

HankD