1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If the dispute is about Free-'will' or Free-Grace...turn to your Bible

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Alan Gross, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do not Worship that God.

God is not Obligated to Give any child of Adam the ability to obey His Commands.

That was lost in Adam.

All would have gone to Hell, if left to falling short of The Glory of God.

And that is all the flesh can do.

2. Barry Johnson

Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is all sorts of things we can think that God is not obligated to do. I'm more interested in What pleases God .
    Yes if no one trusted God then no one would be glorified. Thats why its based on something we can all do freely and something universal and easy . Believe .God chose the simplest way for Man to be able. Not by works ( hard ) but by Faith .

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus refuted the Pharisees millennium. Are you rejecting him and siding with them? If so, you follow their Christ, not the true Christ.

4. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I’m sorry you feel threatened. I do not doubt your salvation, you will however be living in a state of remorse for 1000 years on earth during the kingdom because rather than doing the will of Christ now while alive you have adopted a false premise and your works of love for God will all be scorched at the Bema Judgement. I’ll be taking applications for jobs, you come and see me Dave I’ll put in a good word for you.

Joy unspeakable full of glory

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't your kingdom expectations reflect the Christ you look for? The Pharisees created millennialism and that's why they rejected the Christ of the bible.

6. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How can the Pharisees invent the one thousand years when it was not told that the kingdom would last for 1k? That belief betokens unworthy scholarship Dave. It’s like a Mormon in 2020 unwilling to admit that every answer to his objections to Christianity are readily available in his pocket on his smart phone. You can’t simply throw out these statements from the 1920’s anymore and expect blind obedience. Fact check my son.

7. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What bible verse says that ability was lost?

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Millennium is a Pharisee Doctrine.

First, MILLENNIUM: MILLENNIUM - JewishEncyclopedia.com
    By: Joseph Jacobs, A. Biram

Table of Contents

Messianic Period an Interregnum.

The reign of peace, lasting one thousand years, which will precede the Last Judgment and the future life. The concept has assumed especial importance in the Christian Church, where it is termed also “chiliasm,” designating the dominion of Jesus with the glorified and risen saints over the world for a thousand years. Chiliasm or the idea of the millennium is, nevertheless, older than the Christian Church; for the belief in a period of one thousand years at the end of time as a preliminary to the resurrection of the dead was held in Parseeism. This concept is expressed in Jewish literature in Enoch, xiii., xci. 12-17; in the apocalypse of the ten weeks, in Apoc. Baruch, xl. 3 (“And his dominion shall last forever, until the world doomed to destruction shall perish”); and in II Esdras vii. 28-29. Neither here nor in later Jewish literature is the duration of this Messianic reign fixed. It is clear, however, that the rule of the Messiah was considered as an interregnum, from the fact that in many passages, such as Pes. 68a, Ber. 34b, Sanh. 91b and 99a, Shab. 63a, 113b, and 141b, a distinction is made between and , although it must be noted that some regarded the Messianic rule as the period of the fulfilment of the prophecies, while others saw in it the time of the subjugation of the nations.

So it is no wonder it found its way into the first century Church comprised mainly of Jews.

But in time, the church condemned it as heresy. First, According to the Nicene Creed

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made; Who, for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge both the living and the dead; Whose kingdom shall have no end.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets. And we believe in one holy catholic* and apostolic church. We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Sproul, R. C. (Ed.). (2015). The Reformation Study Bible: English Standard Version (2015 Edition) (p. 2389). Orlando, FL: Reformation Trust.

And condemned as heresy by the Council of Ephesus in 431 in two ways.

“In addition to its condemnation of Nestorianism, the council also condemned

Pelagianism, [2] and rejected premillennialism (Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Papias,

Tertullian, Origen, Lactantius) in favor of amillennialism (Clement of

Alexandria, Chrysostom, Jerome and Augustine of Hippo): "Augustine's

explanation became Church doctrine when it was adopted as the definitive

explanation of the millennium by the Council of Ephesus in 431."[35]

Secondly, “Canon 7 condemned any departure from the creed established by the First Council of Nicaea (325)” This affirmed Jesus “shall come again, with glory, to judge both the living and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.” Thereby denouncing premillennialism and the doctrines leading up to and including Dispensationalism of the 1800s.

Retrieved from "Council of Ephesus - Wikipedia"

9. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

All Scripture Teaches:

God is not Obligated to Give any child of Adam the ability to obey His Commands.

That was lost in Adam.

The specific Teaching, to God's children, that God is not Obligated to Give any child of Adam the ability to obey His Commands, is expounded in a proper Interpretation of
    Genesis 4:7 "If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?"

God could not only

have proposed the doing of good,

but have Required it According to His Law,

without being under Obligation

to give sufficient Strength to Obey;

Because though man by his sin

has lost his power to obey the Will of God

in a Spiritually Capable and Right Manner,

yet God has not lost His Authority to Command;

which he may use without obliging Himself

to find man sufficient strength to act in obedience to it.

Besides,

These words, "If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?",
    regard doing well, not in a moral,
    but in a ceremonial sense.

Cain and Abel were very early taught the necessity,

manner, and use of sacrifices; …

and in process of time, they brought their offerings to the Lord,

each according to his different calling and employment;

the one brought of the fruit of the ground,

the other of the firstlings of his flock.

Now to Abel and his offering the Lord had respect,

that is,

He Accepted him and his offering;

but to Cain and his offering God had no respect;

which made Cain very wroth,

and his countenance fell;

upon which the Lord Expostulates with him after this manner,

“Why are you wroth?
    and why is your countenance fallen?

“If you do well”,
    Hebrew; yatab:

to be good, well, glad, or pleasing

“If you had offered rightly,”
    as the Septuagint renders the words

which though it is not a proper literal translation of them,

yet agreeable enough to their sense,

“shouldn’t you be accepted?”

Cain failed either in the matter or manner of his sacrifice;

Probably in the latter;

Since the author of the Epistle to the Hebrews observes,

that by “Faith,
    Abel offered
    a more excellent sacrifice than Cain.”
    (Hebrews 11:4)

A BLOOD SACRICE, INDICATING THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE GOSPEL MESSAGE TAUGHT HIM, BY HIS PARENTS.

Cain offered his sacrifice without Faith,

without any View to the Sacrifice of Christ:

Cain performed this his sacrifice hypocritically,

in show and appearance only;

He acted from no Right Principle, nor to any right end;

And therefore his works,

whatever show of ‘Righteousness’ they might have,

are, by the apostle John,

(1 John 3:12) rightly called evil;

THIS IS TRUE also all the ‘works’ of wicked and unregenerate men.

0.1 of 50: God has not lost His Authority to Command OBEDIENCE from MANKIND: “If you do well, will you not be accepted?”

Lost folk's mileage may vary, Infinitly, because, "... the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Don't expect them to 'get this'.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

"God is not Obligated to Give any child of Adam the ability to obey His Commands."
    Nor is he obligated to give them bad breathe a heartbeat or common sense apparently.

God is not obligated to deny my having billions dollars. That doesn't guarantee I have billions of dollars.

6Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7“If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.”

"Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?"
    Because he didn't know right?

"but you must master it."

^God certainly believes Cain has the capacity.

You are suppose to give me a verse that teaches we don't have the ability to follow his commands. Cain did bad things doesn't cut it.

Not sinning is absolutely easy. I simply refuse. My fault. Not because God forgot to plug you with wrong fuse.

If we look back at my sins. There is absolutely not one time its because I lacked anything physical or spiritual, and each time God begged me not to.....and I did it anyways.

So as far as capacity speak for yourself I hope it is just "your nature's" fault or whatever excuse you got.

But I'm letting you know I have no excuse. I apologize for what I did, Not what God lacked to provide.

11. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like to he (you) who knows to do good and does it not, to him it is sin.

Thou art the man.

Your sins have come before God, for not doing and knowing better than that God would Accept and Save a person's soul, based on their Cerimonial Offering.

Shame on you.

12. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks! You just proved my point. Book of Nonock 500 A.D.

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

Shame is on me. I don't falsely pass the buck on to shame God for my mistakes.

You say you have an excuse being of fallen nature or whatever, that is fine I'll honor your excuse. But not me, never once has God held me back, always gives me perfect opportunity to do what is right and has done so my entire life.

You have yet to provide a bible verse that states that peoples capacity to do what is right was taken away.

14. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    "none"

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you reject Christ's spiritual kingdom taught in the NT? Or read the bible as the blind Pharisees do and look for a physical kingdom of sight, not faith, in the future? How can you serve the Christian Christ instead of the Pharisee Christ if you do?

16. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I already graduated from this class.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think so. Why do you side with the Pharisees on their premillennial kingdom and reject Christ's spiritual kingdom he spoke of in the first century if you follow him?

18. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [​IMG]

19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are not the same Christ. Furthermore, Premillennialism ends in a return to Judaism which is a damnable heresy.

20. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You’ll be my apprentice in that Kingdom. No hard feelings