1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If we are the body why do we hate each other so?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by amazinglove92, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Me2

Me2 New Member

Pro 16:18 Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
    Pro 16:19 Better [it is to be] of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Paul had a problem which the lord gave the solution.

He was proud. and being prideful leads to all other sins. the thorn in pauls flesh reminded him who was really in charge. so that the grace of God was more powerful than the pride that Paul carried.

2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

lest he be exalted above measure..by himself.
    (get the big head)

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

"Grace" being the "chastising" power of God.

although I think that the average follower is a carnal christian at best.(with all the carnal lusts warring within themselves and against others.)

Paul who was called to be an apostle by God himself was given a debilitating reminder not to get overtly arrogant of his position or the gifts he received from God.

Paul embraced Grace and its chastising power instead of carnal babes which REJECT GRACE and the tribulations it carries with it..

try paralleling two figures in the Bible.
    Balaam and Job.

Both were given much. In both lives all was taken away. yet only Job had his replaced.

Job exclaiming God in full control.
    balaam becoming a false prophet against the Lord.

which one held on to their Pride?
    who became bitter? hhhmmm...

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever hear the old saying, "You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives."? Well, I think that since we are brothers and sisters in the faith, it's some kind of sibling rivalry. Altogether unnecessary and harmfull to our relationships with the Lord and each other, but there just the same.

3. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

I am only responding to this so that everyone who views this thread will know I am NOT associated with the word "we" in this context.

4. MTA

MTA New Member

My response was not intended as a challenge to what you said, only to further clarify my previous posting. I think we largely believe the same thing. However, I partially disagree with your statement regarding the minister's responsibility for how a message is received or interpreted. I maintain that part of being responsibly prepared is to anticipate the collective understanding of our audience and we must always be prepared for those who might stand in need of milk, rather than strong meat.

I believe I understand your basis for this comment, but, the point I think you may be missing is that we do not have to compromise truth and doctrine to overcome this present-day malady. However, we should never knowingly present anything in a manner that we expect or anticipate might be offensive, not for what it says, but for how we say it.

I find in my studies that boldness is always associated with the liberty to speak freely, as when in the company of those that understand or should understand what is being said. Regardless, it is understood that the hearers have the capacity to understand the boldness of speech. Another instance is when a specific circumstance warrants a firm (bold) stance, as when debating or refuting a point.

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

5. MTA

MTA New Member

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
    Let everyone know by these presents that "Plain ol' Ralph" is NOT associated with the word "we" in whatever context he thinks "we" is.

(There ya go Ralph, that oughta do it!) [​IMG]

6. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

Preach the Word;
    be instant in season,out of season:reprove,rebuke,exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine llTim.4:2
    This is my commandment,that ye love one another,as I have loved you Jn15:12
    We should preach hate against sin not the sinner.We should preach hell hot.We should preach in love to win souls to Christ Jesus our Lord.
    We should not be hating each other.We should not be dividing the body.