1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you are thinking about voting for Kerry, please read this first.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Jailminister, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

...It appears John Kerry is working hard to get the homosexual vote this fall -- and hundreds of thousands of dollars of their money. In what some supporters are calling an unprecedented effort, Kerry's campaign has launched an outreach drive that includes "Kerry for President" booths in more than 60 "Gay Pride" events nationwide. And in what the Kerry people are calling the "Pride Across America" campaign, Kerry will promote the fact that he opposes a constitutional marriage amendment protecting Bible-based marriage, supports Vermont-style "civil unions," and supports lifting the ban on homosexuals in the military. Baptist Press reports Kerry has also launched what is called a "Ripple of Hope" campaign in an effort to raise $500,000 within the homosexual community by the end of June.

From the Agapenews

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

President Bush is more than sympathetic to the homosexual agenda. One could even argue that Bush has become (or always was) a proud promoter of that agenda. Here is the record; you judge for yourself: http://covenantnews.com/baldwin020423.htm

Concerned Women for America is so concerned that it recently released a statement saying, "President George Bush is just another Bill Clinton on the homosexual-rights issue." Perhaps Log Cabin spokesman, Rich Tafel, best summarized the situation. He said, "He [Bush] has a vision of a different Republican Party." If homosexual activists such as Tafel can see the real George W. Bush, why cannot Christian conservatives?

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But if both of the above are true, then all we can do is go for the "lesser of two evils," and back the President. Be realistic, third parties can't win, they just give votes to the other side. If Kerry and Bush are our only realistic choices, I'll take Bush.

4. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

NetP, I agree, but Bush is not going out of his way to court this group. I am very disappointed in Bush in this area, but Kerry's presence will be seen and promoted at these perverted "Gay Pride" parades. If you have not been to one, you really need to go to one just to see how sick this bunch is.
    Right now I am backing the constitutional party and hoping Roy Moore will run.

5. Rosell

Rosell New Member

I think Kerry is the lesser of two evils. If homosexual policy is equal between the two (and I think Bush is probably more inclined to pander to gay rights than Kerry is) then economic policy should be the deciding factor. Why support Bush as the "lesser of two evils" when his economic policy, favoring the wealthy, rich and powerful, is a slap in the face to the teachings of Christ?

The country will be far better off under Kerry.

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

You mean the Constitution Party. [​IMG]

I don't think Roy Moore will be running this year, but he is speaking with Michael Peroutka at most of the state conventions. He will be speaking at the Constitution Party of Georgia state convention next Saturday.

7. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

More fuel to add to the fire [​IMG] :

http://planetpreterist.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1982&mode=&order=0&thold=0&catid=5

8. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

What our nation needs is a leader w/ character and John Kerry is far from anyone w/ character. We need a leader that’s honorable and John Kerry is NOT an honorable man. We need a leader that’s a patriot and John Kerry is no patriot. John Kerry is a disgrace to this nation, to Vietnam Veterans and the US Navy, in which I proudly served.

His opportunistic and treacherous post Vietnam War behavior trumps his so-called combat decorations. Ask any Vietnam Veteran, especially those who served in the US Navy “Swift Boats” with him during the War, about how they feel about Kerry siding with the enemy, lying under oath and slandering his shipmates and his country in his 1971 testimony to the US Senate. There are transcripts, videotapes and audio of Kerry discussing his visit to the North Vietnamese representatives in Paris, of him subsequently urging the US to immediately accept their terms, and his statement (on behalf of our enemy, btw) that our troops would be given safe passage out of the country (in other words, he gladly carried the enemy's surrender terms).

This certainly isn’t someone I want as my Commander-in-Chief!

9. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I have made up my mind, after seeing just how liberal Bush has become since compromising his beliefs for the national audience, that I will vote for Peroutka or Kerry.

As governor, Mr. Bush was more conservative. He compromised in order to get votes for president. While this may be recommended in some instances, he unfortunately compromised on the few things that we conservatives hold to idealogically and do not wish to see compromised. Mr. Bush has left we conservatives out to dry in hopes of fleecing more votes from the independents or Democrats.

I think a Kerry presidency, while not my first choice, but not my last either, will be a wake up call for conservatives. Hopefully, liberal legislation will be stopped by the Republicans in Congress, once they get slapped with a President Kerry, and they will act conservative instead of pandering to the whims of one who calls himself conservative while compromising his integrity on every issue under the sun and bowing to liberals.

Hopefully, this will pave the way for a truly conservative nominee in 2008 and conservatives will have a voice in the White House.

4 more years under President Bush and a Republican, conservative or not, will have no chance in 2008.

when is our state convention and where? I'd kind of like to meet Mr. Peroutka and, if possible, Judge Moore.

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

The Constitution Party of Texas will hold their State Conference Saturday, July 31st at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7110, located at 600 Peace Ave in New Braunfels. The meeting will begin at 9:00, the featured speaker will Dr. Chuck Baldwin. I don't know if Michael Peroutka and Judge Moore will be there or not, you can call one of the Texas Party leaders if you have any questions: http://www.cptexas.org/leaders.shtml

11. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Rosell, I disagree with your assumption about Bush. His policies on the economy has been on target and we see things have turned around. Bush inheirted a economy that was intentually set up to fall apart from Clinton, by Clinton. I disagree with Bushes take over of Iraq, but I support the troops.

Kerry is the choice of the sodomites. Just remeber who you are voting for and and voting with.

12. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

When I hear someone describe Bush (who went AWOL from his Guard unit during the war) as a patriot, and Kerry,(who volunteered for Vietnam and served bravely and well) as not a patriot, I know that person has been so well programmed that he will vote for any republican they tell him to vote for.

Too bad. Because the lesser of two evils isn't the only alternative to Bush.

Peroutka.

13. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Does the name Benedict Arnold remind you of Kerry's actions?

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Kerry has my vote this November.

15. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The closest modern example to Benedict Arnold is Oliver North.

Both successful young officers
    Both ambitious and in need of cash
    Both scornful of an indecisive Congress
    Both arranged for a transfer of military assets to our enemies
    Both were discovered, but escaped punishment.

Kerry is simply a patriot. He fought well and courageously. And when he became convinced that the war was harming the US, he spoke out in spite of the viciousness with which he was smeared for doing so.

For that aspect of Kerry, I have nothing but admiration. I just wish he wasn't quite so liberal. Less liberal than Bush, but still a bit more than I like.

16. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Like Arnold, Kerry fought bravely. Like Arnold he turned his back on the very people he should have supported.

17. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Figures.

18. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Kerry told the truth. I didn't believe it at the time, myself. Then the truth about My Lai, the Pheonix Program, and all the rest came out.

Kerry, when he was in command, looked out for his people. And when he realized that they were dying for nothing, he took the heat for telling the truth about the war.

He was a patriot when he fought for our country, in combat, and in trying to end the war.

The key element the joins Benedict Arnold and Ollie North is aid to our nation's enemies. For cash.

Arnold, safe in England always protested that he loved America, just like North did. No one with any sense believed them.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right, Debby in Philly. [​IMG] Since all humans, including our political parties, are flawed due to the fall in the Garden of Eden, voting for the "lesser of two evils" is really all we can do in our current political system.

Therefore, I will vote for Michael Peroutka as the "lesser of two evils", the "greater of two evils" being, of course, the Demopublican Party.

20. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Figures. </font>[/QUOTE]As a matter of fact, my wife, my daughter, and I will all vote for Kerry.

In case you need help figuring ballfan, that will be three votes for Kerry.