1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IF You deny original Sin, isn't Virgin Birth Also Denied Too?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 23, 2011.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Winman, I defined spiritual death biblically. To be separated spiritually is to be "dead" spiritually. We were separated because of the consequence of Adam's sin, he knowingly violated God's word. We were made sinners, which means we were made separated from God. Thus we were spiritually dead before we volitionally sinned. Conceived in iniquity.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I am not denying that God came "in the flesh" in Jesus...
    Just denying that he came in "exactness" of my Flesh...
    came in "likeness", was a real Man, physical being
    Dual natures God/Man
    Just that His humanity was sinless, was as when God created Adam, no sin nature!

#22 JesusFan, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
  3. JesusFan

Holy Spirit conceived Him within Womb of mary...
    God was/is His father, and as the sin nature/curse was seen as being passed through the male/Father in jewish lienage...

Unless he was Virgin Born, By Holy Spirit Conceiving Him...

Also, believe that the Newtestament in hebrews quotes believe Psalms that states that he (messiah/Jesus) was in the bofy formed/created for Him to be in
    Think ties in that God had Him come in a perfect Human Flesh condition, like us as being fully Human, unlike us as having NO sinful nature!

Would have inherited the sin nature common to man, and would not be qualified to be the Messiah!

#23 JesusFan, May 24, 2011
  4. Winman

Winman Active Member

False, the Jews do not believe in original sin, so to say they believed the sin nature was passed by the male is pure nonsense. The 18th chapter of Ezekiel addresses this topic directly and says the son shall not bear the iniquity of his father.
    If the sin nature is passed only by the male, then what difference does it make if the woman is a virgin?

#24 Winman, May 24, 2011
  5. JesusFan

[/QUOTE]

She was a Virgin to fulfill prophecy of Isaiah, that a Virgin would conceive and bring forth a Son....

Jesus got His Humanity from Mary. for the "flesh" physical Body, but by the Holy Spirit conceiving Him, by passed getting the sin nature....

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Now you are saying something quite different. I agree Jesus was born of a virgin as a sign.

We are not born with a sinful nature, read Psalms 139:13-16. Here David praises God for making his body.

Psa 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiosly wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there were none of them.

Here David said God fashioned his body. He says he was fearfully and wonderfully made, and God's works are marvelous.

Does God make evil? What would be wonderful or marvelous about being made a sinner?

So, I agree with you, Jesus was not born with a sin nature. But neither were we. We are born flesh, which is weak and easily tempted, but we do not become sinners until we actually commit sin.

#26 Winman, May 24, 2011