1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you drink coffee--

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TexasSky, Sep 24, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

You may want to consider buying Folgers when you can find it. They were hit hard by Katrina, and are not up to production yet, but when you go to their website you don't find much about how badly they were hurt. What you find is how glad they are that they've found all their employees, how sad they are that many employees lost lives, and how they are offering $5,000 loans to employees who were in the hurricane's path.

http://www.folgers.com/folgers_relief/index.shtml

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Already bought my coffee after Katrina.

Thanks!

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Wow! All I ever buy is Folgers and I'm a coffeeholic. [​IMG] :cool:

4. dale kesterson

dale kesterson New Member

Folgers man, myself. Coffee machine is problematic so am sipping Scottish tea at the moment...

It is a wonderful thing when a company cares so much for those it employees. I am blessed to work in such an environment.

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Folgers all the way. I've always loved it and always will. In fact, I'm drinking it right now. Sounds like a great company to work for.

6. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

I don't drink coffee, my mon says that I am still a 35 year old kid. I do buy coffee from time to time and Folgers is all it will be from now on.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [sarcasm ON]Sounds just like one of those nasty corporate/big business that ALWAYS try to get the little man![sarcasm OFF]

Just like bad teens, the "ENRONS" of the business world are the ones that get the press, with little notice of those that just plug along and help when needed!

[ September 26, 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who needs caffeen, I drink Mountian Dew!

9. Servent

Servent Member

I wish I had a cup right now, out of coffee at work and still no power or water at home, thanks to rita, oh yea folgers is all I drink.

10. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

From an "Old time woodsman"...Do you have a side burner on your BBQ? Get yourself a Percolator, and start drinking that Folgers! lol!

No need for power if you have a good heat source!

Tyler

11. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Servent,

God bless you. You will be in my prayers. I don't know which city you are in, but I know that some of those small towns on the Texas coast were wiped off the map, and yet aren't making the news. I pray you get power (and coffee) soon.

12. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Servent,

You could always borrow water from work, and then try to make "sun coffee". The heat on the coast is enough to make it perculate without a fire under it.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I hear you! I became and adult at the age of 31, the first year I actually liked coffee :D

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I drink coffee, and also smoke it in a pipe sometimes. Standard coffee brands are alike. But for drinking, I prefer fresh gound Swiss chocolate almond.

15. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

My wife and I drink Folgers.I'm glad they are concerned about thier employees.

16. delly

delly New Member

It's all I ever drink, at home and at work. I order the coffee supplies at work so get what I like. Haven't had any complaints about Folgers.

17. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Makes me wish I drank lots of coffee again, so I could have an excuse to run out and buy lots of Folgers. Can only handle a very occasional cup of decaf now....I have some decaf in a butter tub in the fridge...can't remember what kind it is...can't remember why it's in the tub unless it came out of a bag and not a can...hmmm....