1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you have love

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by GinnyG., Aug 28, 2008.

1. GinnyG.

GinnyG. New Member

If you have love you don't need anything else, if you don't have love nothing else matters. :jesus:

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is a debate board. Are you wanting us to debate this?

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I guess you could replace JESUS with the word love and it would be true, although that's about the same thing, isn't it?

Love is very important. True love. It makes us hold back from hating when we are severely wronged, or seeking revenge in like manner as the way we were treated. One can take almost anything with a good degree of grace if they have biblical love in them.

It's a lesson I learn more and more as I grow in Christ. It becomes a wry amusement to watch my enemies try to batter against me, and pretty fruitlessly, not realizing what a great impact the love of Jesus has had on my inner being. I sure have my moments, but they sure are greatly decreased because of love.

Great thought!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you basing this on scripture? If so what is the reference

5. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome GinnyG in Lake Worth, Florida!
    Good post, as well as Gina's. Come visit us in the non-debate rooms anytime. :wavey: