1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured IF You Hold To Sign Gifts Operating, what verse/Function?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I was not the one who brought up this verse. It was Gershom. Take up your satanic accusation with him.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

#62 Amy.G, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd just like to add that I’ve noted a resemblance in people claiming to see a type of sign and wonders as has been expressed here, or having received a gift from God to that of Iconoclast’s proclamations that he is gifted to interpret the scriptures correctly to fit his doctrines; he even has the gall to take this as far as to be condescending to others while often declaring that they cannot see this/his “truth” because God has not shown it to them, …just how exactly is Icon’s claim of special enlightenment and “truth”, which he insists is verified because of coming from “the” Church under the authority of how he sees the 1689 LBC’s interpretations of the scriptures and which he claims to be in agreement with supposed to being any more credible?

Is Icon a prophet? ;)

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Great Inquistion Begins?

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To Answer that...

...it would appear, that he is setting himself up to be just that. And no one can argue against his truths, because he will always be right.

You have brought up some good points on this brothers attempt to be the one and only AUTHORITY when it comes to the Scriptures. So, I guess I'll have to wait until I get to heaven to see how much of what he proclaims down here to be right and in accordance with God, and just how wrong I've been, in accordance to his understandings of what I put forth as my understandings. ;) I just wish I could be so knowledgable. I guess if I went along with all he says, I could live out my life in peace, knowing that Icon approves and puts his stamp of righteousness on my my repeating his truths, word-for-word. In that case, if I want to be right on, so to speak, I should be a mimic, or parrot of Icon.

#65 righteousdude2, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  6. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I guess you missed the whole point. I brought it up to show that you shouldn't do what the devil did with the Lord when he questioned Him in the wilderness.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dude...you cannot answer scripturally...so you join a kindred spirit Benjamin in personal attacks. Most every false teacher does this when they are called to account. You are not fooling me...I know where you are coming from..lol
    maybe i am a prohet:laugh:
    You and benjamin cannot respond to the scriptures...so you move away from them to attack me. Your"attack " is lame...but if it makes you happy,enjoy yourself by all means.

Can you show where i say such a thing? no? I did not think so.... You refer to me as a brother here??? dude...you accused me of being swine yesterday??? and in your Pm...more of the same.....Dude be honest.....you do not think of me as a brother...and with your continued attacks on my person ...you are showing yourself to be as an accuser of the brethren.
    I do not have a problem with it dude...just be honest...We do not agree as christian brothers do...with some differences.
    You are posting non-baptist teaching in a baptist forum.That is the nature of the dispute. You are free in America to post such ideas...just keep in mind; If you post in sincerity and are mistaken,that will be known in time.I know that all liars will be cast away at the white throne judgement...so my concern would be that you are not found there dude....inventing stories,and boasting of false gifts that are a lie.
    How could I even suggest such a thing??? it has happened throughout redemptive history;

sorry to confuse you with scripture dude and benjamin....but...maybe you cannot accuse me of writing this as my being authoritative...

Your posts and those like you remind me of jeremiahs conclusion...
    I would like to think that is not the case dude...time and the devil will tell!
    I am sure that i have much to learn, but when what I post matches the historic understanding of the church...based on God's word {i did not write, scripture , or the confessions}...but I can read those more gifted than most in here and offer verses that speak to the issues.
    You , benjamin and others think you are so unique,and above it all...you are not open to teaching.or to admit your wrong...instead you go to anecedotal stories that contradict the word of God[maybe even write a book about it}...benjamin goes to philosphy,and his smug postings...which no one knows what he is talking about anyway by the time you look through it. Or he projects his own defiled thoughts on those who offer correction.

hey benjamin
    could you show me where i made any reference to being "gifted to interpret"..
    This is where...no one in church history...no commentator, no teacher can reach the lofty heights where benjamin dwells....no only benjamin can comment upon himself....only benjamin knows.....
    One thing you should know is that an inability to welcome Divine truth is the mark of someone outside the kingdom. To the measure I post truth,and you continue to resist it....to that degree you go into darkness.

:thumbs: hey, I know...maybe dude will move in the gifts, hook you up with his friend the prophet who prophesised over him years ago...and the two of you can post infallibly.....:wavey:

#67 Iconoclast, Mar 10, 2012
  8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#68 Iconoclast, Mar 10, 2012
  9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ouch!

#69 righteousdude2, Mar 10, 2012
  10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shame, Shame, He Knows Your Name!

#70 righteousdude2, Mar 10, 2012
  11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amy...

...I am truly sorry for putting that phrase on you. It was shared by another person, and when you put it in with your post, I mistook it as being from you.

My bad:wavey:

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Dude, those aren't my words you're posting, but you can yell at me if you want if it makes you feel better. :laugh:

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#73 Iconoclast, Mar 10, 2012
  14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correction...

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was referring to...

...post #51, where I mistook something you wrote. The other is not directed at you. It was meant to Iconoclast. Again, if you were caught up in the whirlwind of emotions, I am truly sorry :applause:

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have yet to apologize for misquoting...

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So correct...

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not see how you answered this???

You say this about me as if you or anyone else on here does not post what they believe, or when they offer a verse...they do not believe it is correct??