1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured IF You Hold To Sign Gifts Operating, what verse/Function?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Mar 8, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a Waste...

2. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again...

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Am......

...finished arguing with you...I have left the kitchen. It is all yours, do with it as you will. No one can win when they are faced with the high-minded rants of a pompous religious zealot! Ichabod to you and your self-righteous views.

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There You Go Again...

#84 righteousdude2, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you practice James 1:5?

6. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very Funny...

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You still did not answer the question....I take that as a concession of you admitting to your baseless claims. A debate implies you answer questions...not just spew forth your evil postings.... My comments to you were right on the mark...your false ideas stand as posted...
    You never intended to answer did you?? You just want to let all your vile thoughts out:thumbsup:

I understand dude.....false ideas questioned...no biblical answer from you...attack the messenger....Got it!

DUDE.....Get well soon

#90 Iconoclast, Mar 11, 2012
  11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

rd2, can you answer your position with Scripture as requested by Iconoclast?

12. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

...Seems like civility and brotherly love took the weekend off from the looks of this thread.

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dude has several times made this kind of remark:
    So I asked dude this question 3-4 times....

Dude when you post....do you post truth ...or error?

in other words who comes on BB and says wait...let me post some error today. EVERY POSTER thinks they are posting a truth.

Dude says I believe what I post is true....of course I do ....why would I post error on purpose?//
    So the question remains dude.......you can post your error...but you want no one to question it scripturally. But when I post....i am not allowed to offer correction, or links that offer correction. If I post it must be like these twisted and evil accusations you keep making.

14. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I'm looking for objective truth (Scriptural) from RD2, not subjective ('hmmmmmmphhhhh! this is what I want to believe about it, so there!...and if you judge me for that you're a pharisee and think you have the monopoly on truth even though you use Scripture to show what you believe!')

:wavey:

I await Scriptural truth minus the pejorative laden responses. As ministers of the Gospel this is not too much to ask. If it is, then resignation is in order. But you know me, I just say it like it is and cut out the filler.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#95 Iconoclast, Mar 11, 2012
  16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note to p4t and his highness "ic"

...who died and made (either of) you god? I owe no anwser to any questions that are posed in order to draw me further into a debate I can't win.

Silence is not resignation, nor admittance of any wrong doing. However, it is often the wisest course of action to take.

I have chose to exit the field of battle at this time, no dishonor in retreat, because, after looking over the manner in which ic likes to do battle, I have chosen that this is not the hill upon which I want to die. Especially to die at the hands of a person who definitiely has a great talent in the realm of spin and twisting what others say, in order to beat them into submission by his own BRAND of theology.

An example lies within the fact that ic continues to insist that tongue represents language. I disagree. If we can't get past this difference of how to spell and say tomatoe/tomato, then there is no reason to continue to take this any further.

If you want to hoist the flag of victory over my choice to remain silent in the battle of words and terms, so be it. I can't stop you from GLOATING. If you want to proclaim that you drove me to the point that I have no answer to your questions, so be it. If you want to make it look like you are the one and only person on this board who can boast "from my lip to the ear of God!" so be it!

My silence may say I have no answers to your hounding and probing. However, I view my silence as being a sign of wisdom. I have chosen to maintain that everything you have thrown at me, by way of questions, mocking, and know-it-all theology has had no effect on me or what I believe in regard to what i know and understand about the supernatural abilities of my God.

I see a man (you) who has chosen to be loud and overbearing, while ignoring that God is more awesome than his own theology. We will have to see what we see when we get to heaven.

Come look me up then (you too p4t) and ask me then if I was right or wrong? I am willing to make a stand on my views, but, I don't see it as a manditory issue to push you or p4t to the point where you may see my way of thinking (cause that isn't going to happen any more than you will turn my way to yours).

As I've said before, IT HAS NEVER BEEN MY WAY OF OPERATING ON THIS BOARD TO PUSH MY WAYS OF THINKING DOWN THE THROAT OF ANOTHER. MY VIEWS OF THE SIGNS AND GIFTS IS SECONDARY TO MAKING SURE THE LOST ARE KNOWLEDGABLE OF THE FACT THAT JESUS DIED FOR THEM.

I COULD NOT CARE LESS IF A PERSON HAS THE SAME VIEWS OF THE SIGNS AND GIFTS AS ME, BECAUSE IT WILL NOT GET THEM INTO HEAVEN. WHEREAS YOU MY FRIEND(s) SEEM TO WANT ANSWER IN ORDER TO BEAT DOWN THE VIEWS OF OTHERS IN ORDER TO LIFT UP YOUR OWN VIEWS AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY WAY TO FOLLOW JESUS.

I would never buy into or even begin to follow anyone like yourself (ic), because you live to change the minds of people. WHILE I LIVE TO CHANGE THE HEART OF THE LOST IN ORDER TO KEEP THEM FROM GOING TO HELL.

GIFTS, SIGNS, PRAYER LANGUAGE, WHATEVER, MEANS NOTHING TO GOD IN THE LARGER SCALE OF WHY HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR US. YOUR ARGUMENT IS MORE OR LESS LIKE THE ONGOING FEUD BETWEEN THE FELLOWSHIP OF WHETHER A PERSON WAS A FOLLOWER OF PETER OR PAUL.

I refuse to be sucked any further into your battle ground of words. So in the name of Jesus, BACK OFF!!! If that makes you the winner, so be it. Go claim it. And do your boasting and gloating and get it over with. As for me I want to move on...

#99 righteousdude2, Mar 11, 2012
  20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is nothing to boast or gloat about. You jumped in and attacked,Saying Amy was using satans tactics...then you attacked me personally[first in PM then on here]...which I understand as you do not share the historic doctrine of the church. Seems like you have an agenda
    We do not believe the same thing...whatsoever.

Move on dude.Re-read the thread...see what really happened...then move on.