1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If You Say You Get It But Do Nothing Then You Do Not Get It

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, May 31, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

If I am not mistaken, there are less than ten out of (hundreds?) of Bush's judicial appointees held up. And, one of them is thr Alabama AG who had Roy Moore thrown out.

Furthermore, I know of NO instance, NOT ONE, of ANY of Bush's appointees over FOUR YEARS making A SINGLE ruling that saved ONE baby from abortion.

But to some who have committed themselves to Bush, there is nothing that anyone could do to snatch them out of his hand.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

None of Bush's appointees have been on teh bench for four years. Some of hte however, are known for their pro life rulings on the courts they were nominated from. Secondly, a judge can only take the cases that come to in. That is why it is important to have pro life judges in all courts. With Kerry, you will have at least four years of packing numerous courts with pro abortion judges. Those will be lifetime appointements. That means for the next 20-30 years, these judges will be able to rule in favor of abortion. Kerry's influence will long at last his presidency. Bush's influence will long outlast his spending.

Bush is completely wrong on the spending front. There are some signs that he is willing to reign it back in somewhat. I hope he does. He should have a long time ago. But the courts are a vital issue that will be greatly affected by this election.

BTW, the AL AG was a recess appointment by Bush. He is staunchly pro life and said so without apology in the Judiciary committee hearings. In the case of Moore, he was upholding the law, which is what he was sworn to do. The courts failed on that one, not Prior.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To change the Republican Party from within requires being a team player and supporting for election people like Arlen Specter, Olympia Snowe, and a host of other Republican candidates, who are certainly not limited government conservatives.

Maybe you can do that, Pastor Larry, but I refuse to compromise my principles. I am not willing to settle for 1/20th of a loaf. I guess you are.

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I don't think he will reign it in. Just a few days after giving a speach where he said that he wanted Congress to look at ways to limit spending, Bush proposed spending an additional $500 million on a slew of job-training and education programs: $250 million in grants to community colleges that partner with employers looking for higher-skilled workers; an extra $33 million in the approximately $12 billion Pell Grant program to give $1,000 more per year to low-income students who complete a rigorous high school curriculum; $100 million to teach middle and high school students to read; $120 million in grants to increase math achievement; and a $28 million increase in funding for Advanced Placement.

I think we will continue to see an increase in both the size of the federal government, an increase in spending and more money spent on worldwide nation building with another four years of George W. Bush.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should anyone believe that George W. Bush is going to rein in spending when he hasn't done so in almost 3.5 years as president? You remind me of Charlie Brown and his trust that this time Lucy isn't going to remove the football just before he tries to kick it.

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Why do I have to support them? Why can I not stand up and say they are idiots? Besides, I live neither in Maine nor Pennsylvania. And right now, I would gladly trade Levin or Stabenow for either of them.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As multiplied millions haven't lived through the past 3.5 years of George W. Bush and multiplied millions won't live through another 4.5 years of George W. Bush if he is reelected, even though the Republican branch of the Demopublican Party controls the U.S. House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, the White House, and the U.S. Supreme Court.

I refuse to any long buy a pig in a poke as I did in 2000 when I made the mistake of voting for George W. Bush.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

But Bush has appointed pro life judges and has said he would. Kerry has said he wouldn't. The abortion rights supporters are scared to death of a Bush presidency. Why do they get it when you don't?

And BTW, the Republicans don't control the Supreme Court.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they do, as 7 of the 9 judges were appointed are Republican appointments.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because I'm not trying to raise money for pro-abortion organizations in order to fund cushy Washington lobbyist jobs.

11. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Well, uh...

Because they want to?

Because they have placed ungodly partisan politics above a love for the truth?

Because they fear Democrats more than they fear God?

Or perhaps they don't, but are willing to promote falsehoods to support their man, just like he does?

Or because they are so deceived that they actually believe it?