1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If you were confronted.....

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isb't that the very same source the Reformers got their doctrines from though also?

2. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dome of their beliefs, certainly not infant baptism and others.

3. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dome not Dome. This forum on Android Tapatalk 2 needs the ability to edit, like my other Tapatalk forums.

4. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some not dome .

5. billwald

billwald New Member

>Originally Posted by 12strings
    >I would point them to Jesus as a historical fact, and the early Christian church as a historical fact, and ask, if Jesus' resurrection was mere legend, how and why did his followers spread so quickly, so willing to suffer for him?

In those days there were many people claiming to be the messiah and many of their followers were willing to suffer for them. I think the last was the Lubavitcher Reb. When he died 18 years ago his followers expected him to be resurrected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menachem_Mendel_Schneerson

6. 12strings

12strings Active Member

True, I believe Tim keller drew the distinction of Jesus:

Many people have claimed to be God, or the messiah,
    Several people have amassed great numbers of followers that had a great impact on the world.

But only one man overlaps both categories: Jesus. Buddha did not claim to be God and rise from the dead. Mohammad didn't either. On the flips side, there have been those who claimed to be God, and gathered a small following that died out quickly. (think David Karesh).