1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you were Roy Moore, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Jul 18, 2006.

?
  1. I would acknowledge God, no matter what.

61.1%
  2. I would acknowledge God, unless a court ordered me not to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would not acknowledge God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of the above.

38.9%
  1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Eph 6:5Servants, be obedient unto them that according to the flesh are your masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

2. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Well what if that's all you could do to support your family? What if because of your Christianity, you helped to bring someone to God while working there? What if you were able to help change the company for the better some how?
    Personally I would have a hard time being a politician. As one seems to have to compromise his integrity often! Thank God for people such as Moore who are willing to stand for the Lord.

Ok being a drunk, or more specifically harming one's body and gluttony, is a sin! But where does it say working at Jack Daniels is a sin, and such equates to being a drunk? Noah began a vineyard, Jesus made wine, Jesus spoke of people who worked in vineyards. Remember the parable of equal pay though not equal hours?

Maybe you could do more by asking the company to inform the dangers of such? Again is drunkenness a sin or drinking to you?

Wrong. The Supreme court has the Ten commandments, most all schools used to along with other Government buildings. Congress prays before each session and indeed used to have Church service within the Hall. Officials are sworn to uphold the Constitution "so help me God" or with hand on Bible. Sunday, in reverence for God, was declared a day of rest thus no official business would be conducted. These things were always the case within this country and started with Founders/First Congress! Alabama, along with virtually every state acknowledges God in their Constitution. So Moore places the Ten commandments and is found in contempt?

Actually the Lord does have an opinion on such. Christ says
    Jesus instructs us to build upon a rock like a wise man, and not upon sand as a foolish man in Matt. 7:24. You'll find he rebukes cities and not just individuals in Matt. 11:21-22
    Given this, you cannot deny the Lord is more inclined to Bless people and Nations who have reverence for him! Moore did nothing the Founders of this Nation had not done. In fact they did much, much more and often!:thumbsup: God Bless America!

#82 Ralph III, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
  3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Well, I don't have a copy of the ten commandments posted on my front door. Does that mean I'm not acknowledging God?

Oh and I don't have a bumper sticker in the shape of a fish on my car either. Am I denying God?

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

If you DID have the ten commandments on your front door and you were told by a judge to remove it, and you did, then yes, you would be denying God.

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Ralph, thanks for posting! Good to see some more people willing to stand up for God in this issue! I knew there were more out there.

6. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Dale-c you knew I would! I just have been very, very busy brother!

Nobody is stating such or accusing you menageriekeeper. The proper question would be, have you or do you acknowledge the Lord? Have you or do you try and serve as an example for him? We, including Moore, do so in our own and hopefully best way. He did nothing out of line as a Christian or American. We should pray for more people as such to represent us. Regardless of their political affiliation. God Bless

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Once again you create an unbiblical litmus test for those who are willing to "stand up for God." Anyone who disagrees with you and Moore are unwilling to stand up for God???

8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I have never said this. Feel free to disagree with ME. I do not agree with Moore on everything. BUt when you oppose the acknowledgment of God in public place...that is where I have the problem.
    BTW, I don't care who you voted for.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It seems a lot of posts on this thread are based on the premise that government can legislate or dictate Christianity to its citizens. If in fact you believe in the sovreignty of God, then you have to believe that this government (yes, even GW), was put here for God's good pleasure and purpose.

A relationship with Christ has to be from within, a change of heart. Outward human signs saying "Look how Christian I am" are not what Christianity is all about. So went the Pharisees. If you believe like this, send a donation to the electronic preacher in Lynchberg, VA.

And Pauls writings are quite clear. We are to be good citizens of the government that has been ordained over us.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Who here is opposing the "acknowledgement of God in a public place"? I can't see one post to suggest that.

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

But God DOES have an opinion on displaying His Commandments.

And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
    Deu 6:9

I have the Ten Commandments in my house and if the government told me to get rid of them - I would not - anymore than I would burn my Bible if told to do so.

We are to obey man's laws ONLY when they are NOT in direct conflict with God's Law.

God's Laws are higher than man's laws...

#91 I Am Blessed 24, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2006
  12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True. But what is at issue here is precedence, IMHO. But I am not a lawyer, so those who have a background in law can correct me.

The ten commandments, crosses, christian symbols, etc., have been an accepted part of the landmarks in this country.

From courthouses to private homes to public places, signs of the Christian legacy of this nation's forefathers have always been there.

There have been no legislation against these until these times, so I think the battle is against agendas.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Do you also obey verse 8?

And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

Do you have God's word bound as a sign upon you hands and forehead.

Do you obey all the Old Testament law with the same intensity as you do this one?

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Only the moral ones and I fail miserably at those every day. I thank God for 1 John 1:9!

I'm not perfect - just forgiven... :smilewinkgrin:

15. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Actually, there are only court decisions, no legislated law as far as I can tell.

We have been fooled for a long time into thinking that whatever a judge says is law.
    He is to interpret the law, but not create it.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

So you see the command to post His law on your gates and doorpost as part of the moral law you must obey?

If so, are you wearing His word also on your hands and forehead?

Judge Moore was trying somehow to acknowledge God in a public display of the Decalogue.

FAR more important than that is that he attempts to acknowledge God in his life and testimony. In that light I am grateful for all Christians like Roy Moore who acknowledge their faith in the public eye by their walk and testimony. I feel he does that far better by shining as a light for Christ than by making a issue of a Ten Commandments display.

17. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Everyone that keeps saying that the state should be secular and that Christianity shouldn't have a part of it.

18. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

There is no greater testimony than to be willing to suffer for name of Christ.

HIs willingness to stand was a great favor to all of us.
    He was standing up for every Christian in the state of Alabama, an to a lesser extent, every Christian in the US, for which I am very grateful.

19. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I don't care where you hang the Ten Commandments, if you are told to take them down from your property you should refuse.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

What does that have to do with a Christian acknowledging God? The state is not Christian, and I am glad of it. This "state" cannot acknowledge a God it does not know. To do so would be the epitome of hypocrisy.

You cannot force people to acknowledge with their lips when they do not do so with their hearts.

Praise God that Judge Moore wants to acknowledge God, but he can't do so on behalf of the people of Alabama.