1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you were Roy Moore, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Jul 18, 2006.

?
  1. I would acknowledge God, no matter what.

61.1%
  2. I would acknowledge God, unless a court ordered me not to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would not acknowledge God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of the above.

38.9%
  1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I did nothing of the sort and this thread is not about Moore's run for office. How many times must I say that before you listen?

Haters of God are when people want to remove all evidence of God from public life.

I can't help it if there are pastors and missionaries from Alabama that support the stripping of God away from public life and from the government.

You are free to disagree with me. But you are not free to say that God has no place in public life. This thread is about whether or not a judge in his official capacity can acknowledge that there is a God and that it is the God of the Bible.

If you believe that he can't do that, then you are siding with all of those people in Romans 1.

Yes, it is harsh. Paul was harsh.
    Because people have been harsh in the war against Christ.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may want to recheck your facts on that one.

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Yes, there is no doubt that some sort of "christians" make up the majority. Doesn't mean that the "majority" act like it. But if you asked them..most would say they are some sort of Christian.

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Just because they say they are Christians doesn't mean they are and that is what I am getting at. The majority may play lip service to Christianity but in reality they are not Christian in the way you and I define Christian.

Oops, in the way you define Christian, I seem to be in the reprobate catagory.....

Oh, and we seem to have a difference of opinion on what defines public life. When I stand on the street corner and pass out tracts, that is God in public. When I wear my Jesus t-shirt, that is God in public. When Christians gather at the courthouse to pray for the state, that is God in public. Our government allows all of that and has yet to force a stop to it.

Just because our government has chosen not to sponser religious displays in/on our government buildings doesn't not mean they are anti Christian or are not acknowledging God. The people within those buildings are still free to exhibit on their persons or in their private offices any religious symbol they please.

I guess I'm going to have to stay a reprobate, because I believe our government to have made a wise decision in this matter. God knows my heart, so I'll rest in His grace.

Now the question may be will this decision of our government lead to a deterioration of religious rights in this country? We'd be headed that way anyway. Don't you read prophecy?

We have better things to worry about than a few monuments being taken down from public property. Especially since they aren't being destroyed and could easily be displayed publically if someone wanted to put their money where there mouth is.

Like C4K, I am now taking my reprobate self out of this conversation.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

No. I am doing it because I want to and thank God I have the freedom to do that.

6. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

MK, I never called you a reprobate directly. I did however try to point out the fact to you that you were on the same side as reprobates when you defend what the feds did to moore.
    Please stop twisting my words and trying to play the martyr.

Yes, I know most aren't really Christians, but they claim to be.,
    Most that claim to be, don't care about CHristians symbols etc.

But that is beside t he point.

Go ahead and leave the conversation if you want. It is an open thread.
    There hbas been a lot of good evidence in this thread. Jarthur brought up several points that have not yet been dealt with.

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

And thank God for men like Moore who are willing to lose their job to do all they can to protect the God given rights!

8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

This is what I believe and support. The United States government is a FREE government elected by FREE people. The direction it takes is determined by the voters. Do you believe in a democracy (actually a Republic)? If not what form of government do you support? A Theocracy like the one in Iran?

9. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

A democracy is a mob rule. It is NOT the rule of law, it is the rule of popular opinion and is VERY dangerous.

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

If you want democracy, and the majority say it is ok to murder, then there is nothing you can do about it.

Wait, that already happened.

11. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

So you believe in a dictatorship or a monarchy?

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Okay, I can't resist. Without commenting on this thread, I have to ask:

Can you be a reprobate and a martyer at the same time. ;) :tongue3: :laugh: :laugh:

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Your premises are ridiculous. Who decides how a Christian should "act?" You? I think not. Your posts on this and other threads have one thing in common. They mimic the mouths of the Pharisees 2000 years ago.

Best thing for you to do is to grow up, put some years of experience under your belt, and come back in a decade or so and let us know how Christians should act.

14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I apologize for that short post.
    I should have clarified myself.

I do believe in election and democratically appointed officials.
    I do not believe in democratic law.
    Law is from God. Law does not change with the whim of the people.
    When we allow law to change "with the times" we end up with abortion and sodomite "marriage" and things like that.

I didn't mean to imply that I didn't think we should vote in out leaders.

I believe a democratic republic is a good form (but not the only one) The Bible doesn't say that there is only one form, it just says that no matter what form of government, they are there in place of God to punish the evil doer and we should submit.

LOL. THat is a good question. Certainly, many have tried I am sure. :)
    Seriously though, I didn't call you a reprobate. I cant' even remember using that word towards anyone on here. Please quote the statement that upset you so much.

I did say that the atheists were against Moore so that if you were too, you sided with them. I also said that siding with an atheist in and of itself is not wrong since I do it all the time. But when it comes to a spiritual matter like this, I think it is a cause to make sure of your position.

15. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Saturn, do you EVER read all of the posts?
    If you did then you would no that I was just acknowledging something that MK said. She said most people that say they are Christians really aren't.
    I had to say that was probably true.
    You come up and say I am claiming to be the expert on what a Christian should act like when I never did that.

I may not have as many "years under my belt" as some here. BUt at least people like MK and C4K whom I disagree with strongly on this subject, and others can actually read the whole post and discuss the topic.

You just jump in and start with the ad hominem right in the middle of the thread.

Go back and read what I said, read what the others said that prompted that and then come back and discuss it.

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

MY INPUT>>>

Now I have limited studies in political systems….this maybe the understatement of the year…. Non-the-less I voice my views on about everything as many of you know..and I would say….. On paper, nearly all systems of government work. What is wrong is people run government and man has a sin nature.

Is a monarchy ok? Yes if God is the King.
    Is a dictatorship ok? Yes if God is the one in control.

The only systems that I see as never working are systems that remove God and make it LAW to not have God and whose operations are largely fused with and for the government hiearchy….like the Communist Party. All others will work...on paper, if man never sinned. BUT...Because man always sins, we must have check systems where power has a balance between branches of government and with no power given in absolute to man. This is what we have in this nation. It is not perfect, yet none is better.

One day Christ will be king, and then things will be perfect. May it be today!!!