1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you were to go into a court of law could you prove that the Bible is God's Word?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bro.Bill, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

How would you go about it? What would you use for evidence?

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ultimately it is a matter of faith, you never argue or prove yourself or someone else into the kingdom of God. If I did go to court an "won", do you tink I would be proving the bible is the record of God's revelation or would I be "proving" that I believe what I believe and convince you that I am right?

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You can prove scripture in most cases as much as you can prove history. Scripture cannot be proven scientifically because by the very definition of science. Scripture is not repeatable.

4. Glory Bound

Glory Bound New Member

I've read books along this line. Virtually no court decision has absolute proof of the verdict rendered. The standard is usually "beyond a reasonable doubt", if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think you can prove "God's Word"... but there is a lot of evidence to back up many portions of scripture. This would go a long way in showing that scripture is trustworthy.

Winning a court case won't necessary "prove" anything - how many times are courts wrong?

5. manchester

manchester New Member

I don't think you can prove the Bible is God's Word. If people knew that God existed and could not lie, and then God came down from Heaven and said it is His Word, that might do it. Otherwise, nope.

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

One time I was watching your American show "Judge Judy" and this chap gets up and quotes the Bible for his defense, it was dismissed immediantly and he was told not to go quoting the Bible in her court. Cant remember if he won or not or what it was even about. I do recall being a little surprised that he was not allowed to use that as his opinion though.

7. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

Well that don't surprise me . Judge Judy is known mostly for be rude and obnoxious not for her legal mind such as it is.Keep in mind that is a television show.

8. Brett

Brett New Member

Hey Ben,

It's not as if Judge Judy is a "real" court, per se, but I'm still kinda interested. WHat bible verse(s) did the guy quote? Were they relevant to the case?

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

To be honest Brett, I cannot remember. He answered something like - Well the Bible says in ? etc etc, to which he was rather bluntly told where he stood!

10. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

I think you could prove the Bible is God's Word in a court of law.I base that in the information contained in the following books:
    Evidence that demmands a verdict
    More evidence that demmands a verdict
    Apologetics encyclopedia
    Tough questions skeptics ask
    More than a Carpenter

Reading these books will help you be able to give a good strong well reasoned defense of your faith.

11. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

Two things: One, our courts are founded upon that very Word of God!

Two, II Cor 5:17. If you knew me before I met Jesus, not only would you see the change He made by and thru His Word, but you'd understand why I LOVE Him!!! [​IMG]

12. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Amen and Amen.