1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IFB churches playing defense

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by sanderson1769, Mar 14, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

Many that followed Jesus around were likely barefooted or had sandals. I guess they were anxious to hear His message and get to the beach too?

2. standingfirminChrist

Yes, Ransom, that is indeed spamming.

3. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Then Brother you truly have a gift...the gift of prophecy!! Because he has just joined this month and posted 12 times and yet already you label him...if he is as you say then he will disappear on his own and doesn't need anyone to chase him away but there may be others that see your attack as personal and contrary to what the purpose of these boards are for. That is why I said something...we want free and open discussion whether we like what is said or not. [​IMG] And who cares if the link is to his website or someone elses it has little effect on his ministry or on yours...so I say let it ride and let God sort it out (yes even in the forums God has a plan) [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

That is also an unfair comment since those times had not been blessed (or burdened) by Nike or Nun Bush or any other shoe manufacturer? hehehehe See I can make a joke too [​IMG]

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Standing, your reply would be appropriate if my comments were directed at poor people or people meandering on the street.

Maybe you've never seen it, but I've been around people of substantial means that show their contempt for the local church by purposely dressing down, smoking cigarretts on the church grounds, looking at their watch and ho-humming during services, etc. The way they dress is just one of the many ways that the religious but lost show their contempt for God's church. If they were born again, it would be different.

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

MRCoon said:

Then Brother you truly have a gift...the gift of prophecy!! Because he has just joined this month and posted 12 times and yet already you label him...

Yeah, that's about how long it takes.

7. standingfirminChrist

The fact that mr anderson came will not answer people's questions to him, and has posted several threads (several of which have already been removed), posting his own website in each thread is quite evident that mr anderson came here with an agenda.

The Pharisees of Jesus' day did the same thing in accusing the disciples of plucking corn on the sabbath. They accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath by healing people on the Sabbath.

People who have agendas such as that need to be corrected, but corrected by the Bible standards.

With the Word of God; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering. The Word is given for rebuke, for correction, for doctrine, for instruction in righteousness.

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You don't need to be defending a spammer.

He joined today, posted 12 links to his essays, and most of them were offensive hogwash. He doesn't stick around to join in, or defend the stuff that he posts. He is a spammer, whether you like the label or not.

He's not engaging in discussion. He's engaging in spamming.

9. standingfirminChrist

amen, ccrobinson.

if he were interested in discussion, he would have stuck around and discussed his viewpoints.

10. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Sadly or gladly (depends on your point of view I guess) I'm not defending an individual but the fact that I'm in a thread that I was discussing in when someone else comes in a instead of joining the conversation or provide input they accuse and spam themselves....see now this whole thread is now half about discussing a spammer. It is what is annoying...report his post to the Admin don't distract the thread by attacking another member because I don't know how many times he has posted that have been removed but all I see is a new member being attacked by another. Does that make sense? Let's handle things the way they should be handled and leave the threads for the topic at hand.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread has completely gone off topic. It is not a thread for trying to decided what is and is not spamming. Too many personal attack and retaliations have taken place for it to be repaired.

Thread closed for not staying on topic.