1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IFB KJV ONLY COLLEGES

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by cireofmi, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Justified

Justified New Member

If you are walking with the Lord, and in prayer always, and using Scripture to back up Scripture, and not using the obsure to base your doctrines, THEN- you will lack nothing!

[​IMG]

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

WARNING!! WARNING!!
    ETHNOCENTRISM ALERT!!

Roughly one sixth of the world's population speaks Chinese. Central and South America speak Spanish and Portugese. The Lord preserved His Word in practically EVERY language.

3. Baptist in Richmond

First of all, this thread is here to identify the KJVO colleges.
    Secondly, your comments are either uneducated or willful misrepresentation. There was never a time when the KJV was the "only English Word." Isn't it bizarre that the chapter/verse format in your KJV virtually mirrors that of my 1599 Geneva Bible?
    Thirdly, if you are going to extol the 1611 Authorised Version, be sure that you are actually using one. If your KJV does not contain the Apocrypha, then it is not only incomplete, it is not a true 1611 AV.

<steering the discussion back to the topic>

What about Maranatha? Is this college KJVO?

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A couple of Maranatha grads are rabidly KJVO and have authored works on it.

Maranatha itself is most assuredly NOT "only". It would prefer the KJV (use in classes) and the TR Greek. But teach 5 years of Greek and 2 of Hebrew and hold the historic ifb position of inspired ORIGINALS not an Anglican English translation.

As an alumnus and the first to receive a grad degree from its seminary I speak first hand on this one. A few onlies are "tolerated" there, but treated like we do here on the BB - as weaker brethren.

5. Baptist in Richmond

[​IMG]
    Hello, Dr. Bob:
    I seemed to recall that you were a proud Maranatha grad! We once had a Maranatha singing group visit our church. They really blessed our congregation.
    Has anyone mentioned Tennessee Temple University (my sister's alma mater)?? I went down to visit her in Chattanooga, and I really enjoyed the time I spent there. I may not be KJVO, but really enjoyed the fellowship with the people I met.

6. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

GETTING BACK TO TOPIC HERE ...

Another great KJ IFB Bible College is Victory Baptist College in N, Augusta, SC. This school is run by Dr. R. Larry Brown who is in my humble opinion one of the most inspired and anointed preachers in America. (not to mention a wealth of knowledge and wisdom in many Church/minister situations). I fully reccomend any preacher looking for a good education to check up on that school.