1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IFB preacher with short fuse

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by captaindave, Nov 1, 2002.

1. captaindave

captaindave New Member

Would you want to even visit a church that has a preacher with a furious temper most of the time?If anyone knows of a decent IFB church in northern AL,please let me know.We have been looking for a year and can't find one.TIA,Dave

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Would you look at another group that had similar views doctrinally to the IFB?

3. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Any so-called “pastor” who has a furious temper is not meeting the standard of 1 Tim 3. Such a man would be violating it! There are many bitter, angry, frustrated men (and sadly, women too) who have chosen the “pulpit” as a career (not a calling) and have violated the standards set by GOD to hold the office.

Thank GOD, there are exceptions. There are some men (even today) with the specific characteristics of 1 Tim. 3, which are required in order to hold the office of a Pastor. The list of requirements is specific in 1 Tim. 3 and it is unambiguous. All in all, such a man will be intelligent, meek, humble and kind-hearted. "Furious temper" is NOT included. [​IMG]

latterrain77

4. captaindave

captaindave New Member

No,I don't think I could consider that as I have been led of the Lord to be an IFB for 26 years.I am ashamed that there are so many differences in IFB churches.We will keep looking. The AL preacher with the short fuse is thought of highly by some,as for mean and my house,I will not be there or support it.There is a lot of competition between the churches there,each one thinks that their church is the only one you should be in and I can only get an unbiased opinion here.Thanks.

5. Loren B

Loren B New Member

You can never tell what is on the inside of a church until you go inside. The name means very little anymore.

6. Trapper

Trapper New Member

Ben, What might that group similar to the IFB be??

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most ifb churches (historic ifb, not the pseudo-ifb of the modern era) have godly pastors and a sweet spirit. But it usually only takes a service or two visiting before you can judge the pastor and church worthy of consideration for membership.

A pastor such as described is a reproach to the body of Christ and should be reprimanded or disciplined. Of course, most churches don't have the integrity to do such and put up with the pastor (or give him a good recommendation to another church).

Sad.

8. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Im not exactly sure which denomination is the closest to the IFB in belief. It appears that even the IFB are no the same all over.

However there are a number of denominations that are very similar in doctrine. There are also some that are similar on most things and different on others. It is hard for me to shoew you a comparison because in Australia there isnt a church called IFB baptist, Im sure they are aligned with a baptist church in Australia somewhere though.

If we could put the doctrinal points of the IFB down on paper and compare those with like minded christian denominations I am sure we might find a denomination similar in belief.