1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ignored Verse Importance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by loDebar, Oct 5, 2018.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to Genesis 3:22, the eating of that tree gave Adam and Eve God's knowledge of good and evil, ". . . the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: . . ." Now God did make man to be good (Genesis 1:31). Now God is infinite good. Man was not made infinite.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do keep the Day unto the lord, just now the Lord's day, Sunday , under the NC!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Moral law of God was abolished by the NC ?

4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of the Ten Commandments ended on the cross. The New Covenant based on the Two Great Commandments that Abraham and other believers lived by, replaced them. The NT writers imported some of the Ten into the NT but only for commentary and instruction.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the moral law of God is still binding upon Christians!

6. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you walk in love for God and people according to the Two Great Commandments, you won't need anyone to tell you not to steal or murder. If you need to be told this, you might not be born again.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we are walking int he Holy Spirit, Guided and empowered by Him, we shall be doing the Moral law of God, obeying it, correct? or will the Spirit have us do things against that law?

8. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, since you really want to gnaw on this bone, then let's have at it.

Here is the MORAL LAW OF GOD ...

• [Exo 20:14 NASB] 14 "You shall not commit adultery.
    • [Lev 20:10 NASB] 10 'If [there is] a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
    • [Pro 6:32 NASB] 32 The one who commits adultery with a woman is lacking sense; He who would destroy himself does it.
    Is this or is this not the Moral Law of God as given under the Old Covenant, expected to be obeyed, punishable by death and (according to you) still fully binding on all Christians under the New Covenant? If any of this is not part of the Moral Law of God, please explain why it was only 'Ceremonial' or why it is different than Exodus 20:14.

Here is the unquestionable exposition on the Moral Law of God by Jesus Christ (God himself) ...

• [Mat 5:27-28 NASB] 27 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. ...
    • [Mat 5:32 NASB] 32 but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for [the] reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
    • [Mat 19:9 NASB] 9 "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."
    If Christians are under the Moral Law of God (as presented in the Old Covenant) and God has passed judgement that everyone who:
    1. Looks at a woman with Lust.
    2. Divorces his wife except for unchastity
    3. Marries a divorced woman.
    4. Actually commits adultery themselves.
    ... and we are commanded that they "shall surely be put to death" (Lev 20:10). Since I know of no OT offering for Adultery, the Body of Christ had better get to stoning Adulterers. We have an awful lot that need stoning.

[... and here I had always thought that the Blood of Christ covered all of that.] :(

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will the Holy Spirit have us to be breaking the Moral law when we are submitted/yielding to Him then? God very nature is Holy, and does not the law reflect that to us?

10. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I thought you wanted to have a conversation, not trade sound bites ...

Romans 7

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i am, are you saying that we are not obligated under a moral standard any more?

12. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does Paul say about the Law in Romans chapter 7?

13. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are presenting a false dichotomy.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That the law is good, but that we are not, and that we cannot be saved by keeping it, but by belieivng on the one who died keeping it! Still under the moral aspects of it as a standard, but not as a means unto salvation!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am suggesting that the Bible teasches what while saved by grace alone/faith alone, we still are to obey the moral law of God... Not to be /kept saved, but to reflect our new natures now in Christ! "If you love me, keep my Commandments"

16. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... and what were Jesus' Commandments?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What He told us to be doing as His people....