1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

II John 10

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    II John 10 say "If anyone comes t you and does not bring this doctrine, do not recieve him into yur house nor greet him"

Many say this verse means (in part) that we not to allow a Jevoha Witness or Mornmon into our home when they are on their "mission trips"

What do you do, if they come knocking on your door, do you invite them in to witness, or do you just say thank you and shut the door.

Salty

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Some JWs came to my door recently. My wife answered the door and told them that her husband was a pastor. They left immediately.

So I didn't have that problem to deal with. :laugh:

3. Joe

Joe New Member

Good one, thank you. I'll use it too

4. Joe

Joe New Member

They were limited to home churches back then, the home was the church. Imo, it probably meant not to allow anyone to push false doctrine in the home. Kindof like we aren't to allow them to teach in church. We are to be separate from the world, not unequally yoked, so maybe there was also the concern they may spend the night if they traveled from afar. My two cents....

I had a few close JW friends in school. They are to avoid discussion, only answer questions to in order to push their agenda. They are to teach OVER you at all times so that is why they choose when to meet with you, on their terms, etc... From what I understand, they avoid Pastors like the plague. It is sin to attend any bible study they are not heading up themselves

#4 Joe, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I had a conversation with one not too long ago. He gave me a speech and I laughed. That did not set too well with him. I eventually had to ask him to leave. I do not know why I laughed at his witness but it was a total involuntary response.

6. standingfirminChrist

Spread a couple ketchup stained Watchtowers on your porch and draw a chalk outline of a body. You can sleep 'til noon. - Jeff Foxxworthy.

7. standingfirminChrist

Actually, best thing to do is hit your porch with your Bible in hand preaching nothing but Christ and Him crucified.

They may skeedaddle as fast as possible out of your yard, but at least they will hear some of the gospel before they get completely away.

And if you see them go to your next-door neighbor's house, keep preaching to them as they head up the driveway. When the neighbor opens the door, he will hear a little of the gospel too.

Who knows, they may not return to your part of the neighborhood. Or, if perchance they do, they may come seeking answers instead of spreading guile.

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

We should look to former JW's for the best way to deal with the Witnesses.

One of the best websites is that of Paul Blizard, former JW, now a Baptist pastor. It's called Watch the Tower.

http://www.geocities.com/paulblizard/main2.html

Lots of good information there. Look on the left for "Tips on How to Witness to a Witness.

One of the primary things to remember is that the Holy Spirit must overshadow our witness to them. Without Him, we might as well be arguing with a tree.

9. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

If the weather is permitting, I ask them if they want to spend 20-30 minutes discussing the Gospel. If they agree, I get a few chairs and set them up in my driveway. My wife will usually bring them something to drink and/or offer them some food. These folks are enemies of the Gospel and this is my way of being kind toward my enemies.

I did allow some mormon missionaries to spend time in my home reasoning from the Scriptures with them. Part of my intent was for my children to know what false teachers are. It was a good learning time for them.

I think I have been blacklisted because no one comes around again, even when they are in the neighborhood.