1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illegal Children Rush ... Mexico' Problem?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 19, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. That is absurd, Mexico would mistreat them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Here's what we should do with the children!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I understand this right .... a US Marine takes a wrong turn, ends up in Mexico; tells the border guards he has guns among his personal property; gets arrested and is sitting in prison, 3months later?

Than a few hundred thousands waifs, from Central America make their trek to freedom from south of the bordeer [of Mexico] to cross the Mexican border, south of the USA, and no one in the great country of Mexico - responisble to its safety from intruders without proper identification and citizenship - even NOTICE these kids?

Seems a little far fetched, if you ask me.

But, I have a way to fix this problem, and wonder if you would agree with me .... bus all these kids to the nearest US/Mexico border crossing, and tell them to head south and not look back!:wavey:

Then the problem to arrest, house, and take action against these Central American border jumpers will be on the shoulders of the Mexican government, from whom their journey started.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just doesn't sound very Christlike when we forget Christ to tout our politics. Why is it that the way of Christ seems to run, more and more, contrary to the politics that "Christian conservatives" are spouting off about?

4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
    Matthew 18:4-6

Are there no poor or orphaned amongst those you want to bus to the nearest US/Mexico border crossing and tell them to head South and not look back? Where is the compassion of Christ in the Christian? Has it been usurped by our politics?

You're spouting the same thing that gets said on conservative talk radio. And it's well past time that Christian conservatives realize that they need to stop parroting what Rush, Hannity, Boortz and the rest of the conservative talk crews have said and start echoing what Christ says.

Respond like Christ first.:thumbsup:

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

The problem is, RD2, most of them went through Mexico illegally also. The majority are from Central American and South American countries.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since Mexico does not tolerate illegal immigration, we should ask Mexico to help us reunite these dream children with their parents and their homelands. Obama should not try to steal the dreams of Latin America.