1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I'm a Browns fan...

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thegospelgeek, Dec 16, 2008.

1. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

... please keep me in your prayers.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You and me both! It's been the most dissapointing season that I can remember since the last AFC championship game against Denver...and the move. This was supposed to have been "next year". Oh well, at least the Cavs will win us a championship this year or next before he leaves for NYC :)

See ya Romeo...and maybe Savage :wavey:

Must be even tougher being a browns fan where you live, you are near the Bungles...and the same distance between Pittspuke and Cleveland.

#2 webdog, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm a Bengals fan who roots for the Titans too. I don't know...envy me or pity me...your choice

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Bud Adams and his former "Houston Oilers" can go pound sand. GO TEXANS!

5. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

If you root for the browns, there is a chance you need more than just prayers.

DA BEARS!!!

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You're right...orange and brown prozac hasn't been invented yet :)

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Well, nothing can top being a Lions fan, can it?

I actually think they will win this week against the Aints and go 1-15. Millen left this franchise in shambles.

8. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Browns and bengal fans are split 50/50 down here. The difference is that the Bengal fans are smart enough to vanish most of the time instead of wasting a good Monday Night watching the Eagles destroy your team. The good news is next year, a new coach, Brady Quinn... It could be nice!

By the way one of Brady's High School coaches was in my youth group years ago. His family has nothing but good things to say about him.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Speaking of the NFC North, here are my bold predictions for the final 2 weeks.

#1, the Bears smoke the Packers at Soldier Field, then squeak by the Texans.

#2, the Vikings lose to Atlanta and the Giants because Tarvaris Jackson can't get over his Tarvaris Jackson-ness.

#3, the Liedowns beat the Packers at Lambeau Field.

I was so sad when Millen was fired.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He's a solid citizen, and I'm hoping he pans out to be a solid QB. He handled the benching and the Anderson situation classy.

Who do you think the new Browns coach will be? I heard Cowher is not interested from "Chicken Little" on ESPN, but I can think of 9 million reasons he would be :)

My entire family room is done in Browns, from posters and pictures to couch (not the QB) pillows, lamps and rugs. It's hard to sit in this room after each loss...

Are you a member of the browns backers on clevelandbrowns.com? I find the fan forum is a good place to vent after losses. I'm macweber there :D

11. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I expect Cowher to take it. I'm a member on OBR (cle.scout.com) but I never post, just read. The insiders there say that Lerner is VERY persuasive and really wants Cowher. I don't really care as long as we get someone agressive. I have coached several sports and always prefer an aggresive styles of play.

Cool, I'll check it out.

What do you think about Savage? Should he stay or leave with Romeo?

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not sure yet, it's hard to say. His draft picks have either been injured or haven't played yet...and the same with his free agents. Shaun Rogers was a good pickup, but Corey Williams has been a huge dissapointment, and I can't believe Dante Stallworth hasn't been cut yet. What a waste of 35 million!

I'm willing to give him one more year with a new head coach and a #1 pick that's pretty high in this draft. If Cowher decides he wants to be GM though, I'll take Cowher and his talent evaluation over Savage's.

13. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I want to see the North look like the East. The competition there is crazy, every team in the division is in the playoff hunt. Every year when the Bears have a winning record I am asked, "Well, who have they played?"

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

That's what keeps me from being a full throated Titans fan. I can't get past the idea I'm rooting for the Oilers and all the largesse that Phil Bredesen threw at Adams to move the team to Nashville.