1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I'm a rebel

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 7, 2004.

1. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

I feel so bad.
    What shall I do?
    I feel that I'm still a rebel and I don't really understand why God wants us to humble us in front of him. This gives me the impression of God being a master who wants his people to bow down in front of him, this is the impression which I get. :(
    Why does God want this? And what shall I do? How can I get rid of this rebellish attitude?
    I have prayed to God to change my heart but it's still there. :(
    What if I'm simply too evil to get rid of it? I feel really bad.
    And when I hear that you have to be humble then sometimes I think that you simply have to be humble to get something from God. This means being humble is only a way to get something from him. Why do I even have such thoughts?
    I don't want to abuse God. :(
    I feel like I'm a terrible person.
    How do I get rid of this? I always hear christians talking about God having to break us or something like this. What does this mean? Does this mean I have to go throw trials in order to be broken? :(

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Jimbo,
    Go to the thread you have "when God doesn't seem to heal...". I wrote you a message and I hope it will help.

BTW, I dont think your a rebel, because you seem so afraid of offending God. You seem sincere in trying to find out more about Him and how to do things right. You are not a terrible person either you are atleast honest enough to ask the questions.

You asked "How do you git rid of this?" My answer is to "Give it to Jesus!" Tell Him you don't understand it and ask Him to help you understand. As far as being broken...have you been to the point in your life where you are going through a bad time and you have no where else to turn and.... all you have left is God to look to and plead for help. To me thats brokeness. But, cling to this scripture....

Psalm 34:17-19
    ~ The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. 18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Music4Him

3. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Hi music!

But I'm a rebel.I know it.
    I know that I'm having a hard time to be humble before God and often I ask myself why God wants us to be humble and why God wants us to kneel when we pray. I just dont understand this.

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Jimbo;
    You are not far from the Kingdom of God.
    To be painfully aware of our sinfulness is the first step toward being set free. I must tell you that you will never be totally free from this "evil" until we go to be with Jesus or until He comes for us.
    But do not give up hope.
    To be humble is simply to have a correct understanding of ourselves.
    For example; I, too, struggle with sin in my life. But there are also things I do which are right and good to do. You see? I know both good and bad things about myself. This is an attitude of humility. The good things are given by God. The bad things are things God wants me to overcome.
    The next step for you, as I see it, is to obey God in the things He wants from you. This is the test. Do you truly want to please God? Then as you read Scripture, and find something you should do, simply do it. If you find it hard to do, you can take comfort in knowing that you are not alone. Many struggle with this same thing. The answer? God. Pray to Him, admitting your rebelliousness, asking forgiveness, then committing to obey. Then by faith that He will strengthen you, step out and obey.
    It is like this. Imagine you are on the edge of a cliff. You have a rope about your middle. This rope is God's love and strength. But there is slack in the rope. God wants you to trust Him and step off the cliff. While on the edge of the cliff, you cannot feel the rope. But the moment you step out, you begin to fall. SCARY FEELING! But in an instant, God's love and strength catches you and you are safe. What happened? You trusted God even though you did not feel Him. But He is there to keep you safe. You only will feel Him after you step out and obey. Then as you get more confident that indeed God will keep his promise, you will grow and mature.
    Why does God want us to be humble? To show yourself that you do indeed need Him. The proud think they do not need Him, so God will not help them.

I hope this helps.
    In His service;
    Jim

5. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

I'm laughing Jimbo in one regard, "The kneeling when praying" please don't think me irreverant here. But the law by the law you have come to realize that you are the "rebel" as you have shown the truth of scripture that through the law comes the knowledge of SIN NOT GOD.

God doesn't delight in our strengths but our weakness, HE is our Strength and His power is made perfect in weakness.

Perhaps maybe the "the LEG" or the "knee" itself bows down at the standard of the law by which one would pray, "SAVE ME" (!!!) Theres no strength in the law to deliver you. But what is impossible with MEN (By their strength through the law) IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD. See what I'm saying?

Besides Jesus said don't pray as the hypocrits with many words or to be seen of men. Go in secret (In your heart) HE SEES THE HEART.

Secret place of the most high?

God humbled Paul, He is an EXAMPLE of Gods longsuffering toward us and Paul sought to kill the church. You can't get any worse now can you?

God Bless

Seth3

6. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member