1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I'm about to be banned for defending the KJV on a KJVO message board...how odd

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mike McK, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

So, I'm posting on onlinebaptist.com and there's a thread on wearing shorts.

One of the mods tells me that showing your thigh is being naked, according to scripture, so I point out to him that the word commonly translated as "thigh" is showq, which is actually referring to the calf of the leg.

Now, I'm about to be banned.

I'm confused.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Do we need to disuss other boards here?

Is that not between you and them?

3. natters

natters New Member

Many boards, that particular one included, have moderators that are on a power-trip and will eventually ban people for saying anything other than things that agree 100% with the moderator. Don't worry about it, shake the dust off your feet and move on.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

While this is open, let me say that I quit posting before I got banned ;) .

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Roger!!!! You mean . . . you mean . . . you mean . . . there was a moment when you were about to be banned from a bulletin board????

It would be like bannin' Clark Kent from Krypton!!! Unthinkable!!! Roger is such a :cool: [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I disagreed with the "boss" [​IMG] .

I am still a member there though ;) [​IMG]

At least I was when I posted this.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Go ahead and say something, natters!!! I disagree with probably about 65% of the people on this board---and I haven't made a move yet to ban anyone simply for "disagreeing" with me.

Everybody is gonna have something in which they are gonna disagree with with someone else---disagreement does not mean disqualification!!! I would suggest reading the BB rules of posting!! People get banned for rule infractions----not for disagreeing over some theology or psycology or something trivial!!!

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Mike, on a side topic, are you implying that showing the calf is nakedness, or are you simply attempting to correct another's scriptural implication? Just curious.

Johnv, owner of tanned calves.

9. natters

natters New Member

I did say something, I was active on that board quite a while ago. I was banned. When I pressed the owner/moderator on the issue, he even agreed that I had not broken any rules, but they didn't like my questions about the KJV. I think the specific question I was asking was simply: what did Psalm 12:6-7 mean in 1500?

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

That just proves you are rotten to the core. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No, I didn't come here to badmouth anybody, as I believe that most people here are familiar with the problems on that board already.

I just thought that the irony of being banned by a KJVO message board for defending the KJV was funny.

12. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No, there's a guy there named Jerry who cited a Bible verse that says that showing the thigh is nakedness and condemning me because I said that my shorts come down to just over my knees.

He told me that I should only wear knee length shorts.

I wrote back that the word commonly translated as "thigh" in that verse actually refers to the calf. He went pretty ballistic.

Then, a girl posted a verse using the same word, that talks about a thigh being "out of joint".

I pointed out to her that this verse only went to demonstrate my point because the thigh can't be out of joint because there are no joints in the thigh, but that the knee is a joint.

Frankly, for somebody who condemns same sex attraction the way this guy does, he sure spends a lot of time thinking about my thighs.

13. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I did say something, I was active on that board quite a while ago. I was banned. When I pressed the owner/moderator on the issue, he even agreed that I had not broken any rules, but they didn't like my questions about the KJV. I think the specific question I was asking was simply: what did Psalm 12:6-7 mean in 1500? </font>[/QUOTE]Something similar happened to me there. I'll tell you as soon as I'm thrown out.

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I think the specific question I was asking was simply: what did Psalm 12:6-7 mean in 1500? </font>[/QUOTE]Natters!! Natters!! Natters!!! Of course----Psalm 12:6-7 meant the same thing in 1500 that it means today!!!

15. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

I just had a look at that board, those people are cracked!

16. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Im sure they think most of ya'all over here are cracked, too.

17. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Just to update you all, I haven't been banned yet, but I do think I've just been promoted from "heretic" to "spawn of Satan".

18. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No, just the people in the music ministry forums.

19. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Maybe, but that KJV_Warrior guy's a genius.

20. bapmom

bapmom New Member

No, just the people in the music ministry forums. </font>[/QUOTE]well thats certainly a possibility! [​IMG]