1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I'm about to be banned for defending the KJV on a KJVO message board...how odd

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mike McK, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Gold Dragon said:

The first ammendment does not protect Americans from being censored by a private institution like a message board. It protects folks from being censored by the government, although this is not entirely true either with FCC censorship.

The First Amendment guarantees that the government will not interfere with your specific message. It doesn't mean the government must provide a soapbox for you to air it.

As you point out, you cannot utter obscentities on the public airwaves, though of course there is nothing stopping you from publishing them in a book or on a Web page. Nor can you state your views from the public gallery in the Capitol building, although you may do so outside.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Ransom:
    Theology?? On a Bible and religious forum?? :rolleyes: :D

HERETIC!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ed [​IMG]

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Ransom, again:
    Actually, you probably CAN "state" [​IMG] your views.

And then you will probably hear some, as well, although you might not be as receptive as you would like, :confused: and THEN you can state them AGAIN, outside, and maybe before an audience of one wearing a black robe, as well! :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ed [​IMG]

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]They are: one is the physiological term for being a drunkard, the other is judgement pending against such as it is sin. </font>[/QUOTE]I know. It's a funny reason to be banned from a message board.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Just to be specific, alcoholism and drunkeness are indeed two different things.

Alcoholism is a serious disorder of dependency on alcoholic beverages.

Drunkenness is the act of being intoxicated.

One can be an alcoholic and never be drunk. In fact, some alcoholics deny that they have a problem based on the fact that they don't get drunk. If you're an alcoholic, you're an alcoholic for life, even if you're in recovery.

I don't post this to trivialize drunkenness (some people who are problem drinkers excuse their excessive drinking on alcoholism, when they might not be alcoholics). Rather, I post this to bring attention to the seriousness that abuse of alcohol can lead to. If you drink excessively, you run the risk of becoming dependent on alcohol, making you an alcoholic.

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

It is there house so they can run it any way they want. I don't see a problem. At one time I went to that board a little. I disagree with a lot of their views and agree with a lot of their views. I'm not KJOnly so I think it is best for me to stay away. I use the KJ about 95% of the time, I just think it is the best, also enjoy ASV 1901, but one should use the one they can grow with to the glory of God.

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

That was similar to the point I made. Evidently, they see them as being the same thing.

8. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

That was similar to the point I made. Evidently, they see them as being the same thing.