1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I'm upset

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by baptistk, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I think we are! [​IMG]

2. baptistk

baptistk New Member

Thanks James and Marcia (and everyone else). I'm glad to have other peoples thoughts on this. [​IMG] I feel alot better to have "talked" this over. As you can see I was pretty much keeping my mouth shut and listening to what others had to say. I was listening!

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

If he repents forgive him unless he gets a divorce.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I agree. Even his wife is to forgive him, if he repents (turns away from this sin). [​IMG]

5. baptistk

baptistk New Member

6. csmith

csmith New Member

The idea that someone is innocent until proven guilty is a legal guideline for the courts. I do not believe that a church has to wait for all of the legal processes to culminate before it takes action on a person it knows is involved in a crime. I live in the city that BTK committed all of his crimes in . I have read almost every article that has come out. There are folks in my church who know him and his family very well. It is reported that he confessed to 10 killings. The evidence against him is overwhelming. He should be removed from his position immediately--whatever a "president of the congregation" does I don't know. JMO

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

His main issue at this point is with God. IF he ever was saved he needs to repent of this heinous sin and change his ways. If not, he needs to get down on his knees and accept Christ as his savior.

8. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

The position of the Church (with the exception of the universalists) for 1500 was that a person can loose their salvation, and of course the Lutheran churches still teach that, but not for killing people. We are saved by grace through faith and as long as that faith is maintained, it is impossible, from the Lutheran perspective, to lose one’s salvation.

[​IMG]