1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Imac with an attitude

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Jul 22, 2006.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently picked up an imac 233 but it doesn't want to come on. The fan starts, the power led comes on yellow, then shifts to green and the hard drive starts to access files but then it shuts down.

I found some hints online to push some combinations of options button and p, u, and r buttons. Nothing seems to change anything in the sequence.

Any ideas to save the land fill :tongue3:

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I am not sure what that combinnation of keys does but ? option p r may help

In case the apple does't come though, that is: cmd opt P R

This resets the PRAM.

Have you used macs much? WHat you have is the original iMac from 1998. Would still be a decent machine for web access. It has a netword port for high speed and would be virus free.

You may have a toasted machine though...after that many years..you never know.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tried that one as well. The p/u is supposed to reset something else???

I don't hear high voltage hitting the crt so thinking something in the power supply may be holding it out.

Have cds coming with schematics so maybe that will give some light.

thanks