1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Image Cutting?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by HOHNancy, Nov 21, 2004.

1. HOHNancy

HOHNancy New Member

Is there a program out there that does image cutting (freeware) where you can just cut out the image of a photo and paste it on another photo on the computer? I am not talking about "image cropping" or resizing....just photo cutting (like a "scapel" icon where you can cut out the edges).
    Thanks to any of you who knows of any programs that does this. [​IMG]

Nancy

2. superdave

superdave New Member

do a google search on the work GIMP

It is a open source Image manipulator that is quite good. You may have to look carefully since most of the hits will involve Unix or Linux operating systems, so maybe search for GIMP and Windows if that is what OS you are using. I use in on Windows 2000 and on Linux (Sun JDS2003-SuSe 7) and Solaris 10, it is a very powerful image program and does have a cutting feature.

3. superdave

superdave New Member

4. Dale

Dale New Member

Yup, The Gimp project is a good program even if it isn't the easiest to use.
    We are all assuming that you are using Windows. If you happen to be using a Mac (as I do most of the time, I use both though) The Preview app actually should do what you want.
    I personally use Photoshop but of course it is nowhere near free, though there is Adobe Elements which is a lot less expensive.

5. superdave

superdave New Member

Yes, I agree GIMP is not very intuitive, but very powerful