1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Imagine there no heaven

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Deacon, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The “No Religion” Population in the US [LINK]
    Institute for the Study of Secularism in Society and Culture

15.2% of all Americans
    50% identified with “No Religion” by age 18

IMAGINE
    (Beatles)

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Rob

2. mattjtayl

mattjtayl New Member

I loved that song as a kid. As a kid I did not believe in God and even through my college years I denied him. I had a little stint in high school where some of my faith was found again, but it was lost once more. I fell in love with my girlfriend because of her strong faith in God even though at that time I did not believe in him. Then I found out deep inside the real reason I loved my girlfriend; I found with her assistance that which was lost in my life. I found my first love again, Jesus Christ my savior. It took me a couple years to figure out it wasn't her I really loved so deeply, but Jesus who in his own way was talking to me through her. I always looked forward to seeing her knowing we would do bible studies together, pray, and she would open my eyes again. I always left with a euphoria of love embracing me and I thought it was because of being with her, but it was the love from Jesus that made me happy again once more. I never really knew the love my savior had for me until he came after me to save my life. It is amazing how much my life changed when I came back to Jesus.

Being once one who denied God and poked fun of religion, I have a sincere wish to help those not make the same mistake I once did. I hope to restore their faith and to help them let go of what anger they have toward God that makes them deny him so.

#2 mattjtayl, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009