1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Immigration Activist Deported to Mexico

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 22, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An immigration activist who took refuge in a Chicago church for a year to avoid being separated from her son has been deported to Mexico, the church's pastor said.
    Elvira Arellano was arrested Sunday afternoon outside Our Lady Queen of Angels church in Los Angeles. She was deported several hours later, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago, where Arellano had taken refuge. "She has been deported. She is free and in Tijuana," said Coleman, who said he spoke to her on the phone. "She is in good spirits. She is ready to continue the struggle against the separation of families from the other side of the border."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070820/D8R4N6J80.html

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

It's hard to feel sorry for a woman who on more than one occassion came across the border illegally, once worked at a Chicago airport with a fake social security number and then had an illegitimate child in the US as an anchor baby. If she didn't want to go back to Mexico, she should have not been so brazen and prideful in going to Los Angeles and thinking she wouldn't get caught.
    As for the "pastor" (i don't think a true minister of the Word of God could/would/should enable breaking the law according to Romans 13) who housed her, he should be defrocked by his denomination and charged with aiding and abiding a criminal. But since he is part of the UMC and living in Chicago, i don't see either of those happening.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Why didnt she take her son with her when she got deported instead of leaving him with strangers? It just goes to show you that the poor kid is just a pawn in her political game. The left will whine about how this separates families but families are sometimes separated when a man or woman are sent to jail for other crimes as well. She is a criminal and should be treated as such. What was her punishment for using the fake SS card? As far as I know when an illegal alien commits a crime here they have to pay the price before being deported.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I think you hit a nail on the head in saying that this poor kid is nothing more than a pawn...not only for her, but for those on the left who are against our immigration laws.

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    About the kid...

I think that because he is a natural born American citizen, maybe there are laws against him/her being taken elsewhere by alien parents until he is of a lawful consenting age ?

I don't know, just musing.

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

This lady was here illegally for at LEAST 9 years. (son is 8 + time to get and be pregnant) During that time this 'citizenship thief' never tried to complete the channels neccessary to get or even begin to get citizenship. To me that puts her in the same class as a career criminal.

Three strikes and yer out! In this woman's case, she got what she deserved. WE are not responsible for seperating her from her kid. SHE IS!!!