1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Immorality in Ministry

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Victorious, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Anthony

Anthony New Member

It may be the Lord has moved the OP in this.
    If that is the case then my house and all in it are at your service Victorious.
    Ask him what he wants of us - if you have cried for help and been heard, then your help is coming.
    He does not lie to us.
    Ask him what he wants of us.

God bless

2. MorganT

MorganT New Member

Why does this woman need to rely on this man so much if her CHURCH is stepping in and taking care of her. She is a widow, were is her pastor, deacons, and others of the church when she needed them to make her think she needs this man to help her around the house.

Act 6:1 And in those days, the disciples having multiplied, a murmuring of the Hellenists against the Hebrews occurred, because their widows were overlooked in the daily serving.

That doesnt say weekly serving, it says daily.

I think that 1 Timothy 5 deals with issues as this very well.

Jas 1:26-27 If anyone thinks to be religious among you, yet does not bridle his tongue, but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is vain. (27) Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit orphans and widows in their afflictions, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

I dont have all the facts but for this poor widow woman to think she needs this man and to live in this sinful situtation is sad. This is just an observation of course but the Church must have dropped the ball with this lady, our widows are to be taken care of and its the Churchs place to take care of them. I have a widow woman down the road from me that I have to go about once a week or so to fix her TV, she calls and I go, she knows that if she needs anything I am just a phone call away. A family needed to be assigned to her when she was widowed and she should not have to rely on a man to move in to take care of her house.

3. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Morgan if you PM me a safe address that lady will have a TV you don't need to fix - along with a dvd player and a dvd of the KJB

it would please the heck out of me to do it

God bless

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you mean deceive the state?

5. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

If I understand, it's not that she needs the man to provide for her but that she doesn't marry the man because it will reduce her benifets. Basically if she lives alone she is fine. If she lives with the man she is fine (finacially). But if she marries, her benifits are reduced. So she is choosing to live in sin instead of alone or married.

Or I could be at a total misunderstanding.

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The apostle Paul remains my hero. I pray God that I'll imitate his life as he imitated Christ's.

7. MorganT

MorganT New Member

She is 80 yrs old and just doesnt understand the remote control buttons. I explain it to her but she tends to forget. So I have to go and fix it and remind her of what to do. Its nothing wrong with the TV its her memory that is kinda bad. I dont mind helping her but thanks

8. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

You know, I was driving to the hospital and this very thought crossed my mind. By the way, very kind of you to help. I wish we had some Deacons like you.

9. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Annsni...

That is precisely what I am saying.

I'm dead serious.

For the government to rip away from her the income that is her only way of living a dignified life simply because she married again, even though the man she married cant come close to equalling the income she lost, is borderline criminal.

Its inexusable for a government claiming compassion to take that stance. If she marries someone with money, thats another story. But this man is not a rich guy at all, from what I understand.

If it were me I would do what I recommended with a 100% clear conscience.

And by the way, all born again people are citizens of a "higher country", and are only "strangers and pilgrims" in relation to secular government.

:godisgood:

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Funny how we compromise our moral standards and the teaching of the Bible when money is involved.

AJ

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ummm - wow. What part of that is not sin??

So true AJ. So true.

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Isn't there something in the Bible about speaking truth? Not lying? Even when it costs you? I suppose for some biblical teaching takes a back seat to financial gain. I think Paul warned about these kind of people in places in like 1 Timothy 6.

It may not be the government. This may be the rules of the pension and the company who has the pension. If this is the rules of the pension, it is bad. It reminds me why no one should have a pension or a SS. It needs to be given to the individual.

You see here, you are not operating out of principle, but out of pragmatics. If it is wrong to deny a pension, then it is wrong. It doesn't become right because someone already has what you think is enough money.

Then you need to confess and retrain your conscience according to the Scriptures.

Yes, and we are to submit to the government and not use our liberty as a covering for evil.

Apparently not. You think God should be disobeyed to gain a little money.

13. Anthony

Anthony New Member

well said brother
    but you can't fight evil with evil
    fight on his terms and evil always prevails - that is not the solution
    true we are citizens of a Higher Country
    true it is the government that is forcing (well encouraging) people like this to live in sin
    we must provide a better way or yield to the government - and do things the government's way
    that is the cancer

God bless

#113 Anthony, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
  14. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I have no idea how to resond on this from a Cristian BB.

Oh well. I guess I'll just cheat on my taxes since it is now OK to defraud someone if you disagree with them. WoW!! This concept can SERIOUSLY change my financial outlook. But at what cost?

What good does it a man to gain the whole world but forfiet his soul.

15. Anthony

Anthony New Member

FYI only
    from time to time I get a "broken link" page with a "google page" option. If I select that option, I get a BB page - if I try to log in to that page my security program stops me and informs me it is a scam page.
    Just wanted to let you all know.

God bless

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

That was quite unneccessary.

17. Anthony

Anthony New Member

I'd say Luther is having a crisis of spirit - may God be with him.

18. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

GospelGeek...

Completely different situation. Not the same at all.

:godisgood:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Before we implode in on ourselves, has anyone noticed the person who started this thread only had a few posts when they started this thread, and has not been here in a while. Another fly by troll set up?

20. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

In OP case you say marry but not report to state because it will decrease your income.

In my case I say not to report all of my income to prevent it from being decreased.

Exactly how are they not similar cases that the believer can be dishonest and increase income? How do you see them as different? I could not do either in faith.