1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Immunize kids or go to jail.

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Ivon Denosovich, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

The govt's role?

Which begs the question, if the state has already made the decision for everyone what's the purpose of:

I've never known of a citizen having to agree to a law so it can be carried out. (Ever signed a contract to abide by the speed limit?) Is this a Freudian slip on the state's part or just patronizing people delusional enough to still think of themselves as parents?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Don't send kids to govt schools and problem resolved.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Maryland has exemptions for medical and religious reasons. Are these students included in the "round-up"?

I think they are majorly overstepping their bounds but then again, government often does. HepB will not be spread by casual contact so they have no worries about 5th through 10th grade students passing it around like a cold. As for chicken pox, I chose not to vaccinate my kids against it because it's not a dangerous disease AND the vaccine is proving to be ineffective in the long run. I'd rather that my children get the virus, fight it and have life-long immunity than to hit their teens and 20s then risk getting it when it's much more dangerous.