1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IMO- the greatest performance ever...I'd like to share.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HungryInherit, Mar 10, 2013.

1. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

In my opinion this is my favorite song and performance that I have ever seen. It moves me to tears almost everyone. Mrs. Vestal loved The Lord so much and it's so apparent here. She is now with Him, and I know has the most beautiful voice there. Please give it a listen and let it bless you as it has me.
    Mrs. Vestal Goodman- Blessed Assurance (I got chills just typing it.)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6hPkI1kgRPs

P.S. I'd love to hear your favorite performances too. Thanks for your time.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    She was grand, alright. I don't know how old your are, but I am 51 and when I was a tiny tot back on the '60s (before cable), my family and would listen to the "Happy Goodman Hour" on TV before Sunday School while getting ready.

Did you know she used to sing a high soprano, but once when she was young, she came to the West Monroe area and got sick and when she recovered she was a contraalto (sp?). You never know.

I think that range suited her personality and gift of singing quite well.