1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Imus being sued

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by bobbyd, Aug 15, 2007.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

There would have had to have been specific allegations made about a specific person and damges have to be proven.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I suppose, for starters, she's going to have to prove two things:

1. She does not have nappy hair and
    2. She is a virgin.

Item one, I think she can prove as her hair, though curly, is not particularly nappy or kinky.

Item two, may be a bit more difficult as percentage-wise the chances of her being a virgin before she went to a state college are quite slim these days and the chances of her being a virgin after attending a state college are even slimmer.

If she can successfully sue for defamation because she was an unnamed person within a group, then this would seemingly open it wide open to everyone being defamed. A Marine could sue radio stations who use the expression "jar-head". A Red Wing fan could sue whenever someone calls them "Dead things fans". Hey, maybe I could sue Rosie or Rick Warren for their comments defaming fundamentalists?

Anyway, I can't imagine this lawsuit going anywhere but it does put this lame story back in the news and once again pushes important stuff off to the distance.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think they're (whoever's behind this idea) just worried Don Imus is going to be back on air. Least that's what's buzzing.
    I still don't understand why it's racist for a non-black, non-rapper person to say what Don Imus said, and it's cute if it's a black, rapping "brother" ?

#4 pinoybaptist, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007