1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Essentials Unity, In Non-essentials Liberty, In All Things Charity

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by peterotto, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Did I miss your explanation as to what a sinful nature means to you, how we get it and what it consists of? I do not desire to talk past each other on such an important issue. Thanks.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You explained clearly what you think it is - but you did not say where you found it in scripture.

I want to know what scripture you consider to be speaking to the subject of the inherited sinful nature - sinful desires and the strength of it.

in Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    James 4:17 "To him that KNOWS to do right and does it not to him it is SIN" seems to account for that in some way-

But the wicked are not "morally pure enough" to know the full intrinsic value of good nor the depth of evil as God sees it - yet they are accountable for sin.

in Christ,

Bob