1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured In Eternity................

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Jun 27, 2013.

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

the eyes of ALL of US will be opened and the error WE ALL have within US will vanish :love2::love2::love2:

2. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Come on, Dr Ach... You know all those papers were just funnin' when they printed those obituaries. What I can't figure out is why in the world would the gravediggers have buried all those live people???

#22 Steadfast Fred, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  3. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
    2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

I haven't heard that "great noise" yet, have you? If we are living in the New Heaven and New Earth, how come we still see the moon, stars and planets through telescopes? What part of the universe today has melted with fervent heat?

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

In Romans 3:10-18 says that there is "none righteous". Does Romans 3:10-18 contradict 2 Peter 3:10-13?

There is evil/sin all around us. How can this be possible if we live in the New Heaven and New Earth?

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

the tears are related to the DEATH--if theres NO more DEATH then the tears will be NO more also

DEATH has been destroyed and defeated by Yahshua.

Now I know what your next post will be but lets NOT highjack this thread over it please--Make a Thread on DEATH if you will and will talk there.

5. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Did you notice the CORRELATIVE CONJUNCTIONS in Revelation 21:4? like "NEITHER"? That shows that death (masculine noun) is separate from crying (feminine noun), there is no relation to tears being dependent they are separate nouns. That is grammatical suicide to impose such a private interpretation on the text, not to mention you attempted to preempt the subject of death because you know the next logical argument would be that since you tied tears to death, and there is still obvious death, you'd have to explain that anomaly as well.

And are still spelling what you think God's name is wrong.

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm glad to hear that. I have a lot of questions and I figured it might take a long time to get all the answers, particularly if saturneptune is in line ahead of me.

However. in case there's a line to the Throne, I have a plan. I'll grab C. H. Spurgeon, or maybe Martin Luther and ask them, "okay, what did God say about so-and-so?" That way, I won't get stuck in the long line behind SN.

But, I really don't need to get in a hurry. I'll have a really long time to get the answers.

7. RIPP0NWV

RIPP0NWV New Member

Good thread.

#27 RIPP0NWV, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  8. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

When God wipes away the free willers tears, could it be because they finally realized they were wrong ?:tear:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, it will be from us laughing so hard as God explains to you how ridiculous determinism was.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sure hope it isn't like this. We have all eternity to deal with, why not spread the joy of discovery around a bit?

Anyway, there's no way to know but I think it would make more sense, and be less overwhelming if we gradually learned stuff.

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Will that be the fulfillment of this?

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 1 Cor 13:10 KJV

Also just when will that be?

12. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

What? I already DO! ;):cool:

13. Herald

Herald New Member

We will be perfect in the eternal state. We will no longer battle with sin and will enjoy perfect fellowship with God.