1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"In God we Trust" -- Good thing or bad?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Aug 18, 2008.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your vote not to remove "In God we Trust" from America is possible here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Of course it is just a poll -- but an interesting one never the less.

in Christ,

Bob

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Lying to God is what got Anananias and Sophira killed. If we trusted in God we would not have troops all over the world. We trust in our military.

3. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I wonder if the Dutch, French, British, etc. felt that way in 1941.

You may disagree with us being in other countries with our military, but it does not necessarily mean we don't trust in God. You say you trust in God yet you go to work every day to pay your bills.

Was in unwise to go into the middle east with our military? Probably, but your cheap shot is easy to take from the comfort of your computer room. Talk that way to my good Christian friend who is in Iraq while his wife and 4 kids are back here and it would hurt them deeply.

Quit listening to the anti war left for awhile and find some Iraqis who are very thankful to have Saddam Hussein gone.

Did I think we should have gone into Iraq? No, but there was a lot of isolationism in 1941 too. History has shown it was best to get rid of Hitler. Time will tell on Iraq. Until then stop taking every opportunity to slam on America. This was a question about "In God we Trust" on our money and you had to take it as a way to spew out some anti-American sentiment. You should be thankful to live in such a wonderful place. Shame on you.

#3 trustitl, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I would say, dont remove it. I trust in God, and would like it on the dollar. If America itself says it does and acts differently, thats on America, not me.... I trust in God and would like for it to stay on the Dollar! :thumbsup:

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Being multicultural, we should put the Arab word for "God" on half the dollars and "JHWH" on half the coins.

6. soninme

soninme New Member

Isnt the Dollar Bill full of satanic symbols ..............?