1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"In God We Trust" to be absent from face of new coins

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From a Nov. 20 US Mint press release:
    "...Federal officials provided a first glimpse of a new series of circulating Presidential $1 Coins at a design unveiling ceremony held today at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Portrait Gallery."

"...with traditional inscriptions moved to the edge to allow for larger images of the Presidents. These include "E Pluribus Unum" and "In God We Trust," the year of minting or issuance."
    View attachment 79
    Also, the 2006 nickel spares us the historical irony of having Thomas Jefferson looking right at "In God We Trust."
    View attachment 81

#1 Jerome, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In God We Trust

Fact: at the national level we have not trusted the only True God for many generations; in fact quite the contrary. e.g. The majority of those voting think that abortion and homosexuality are morally acceptable--some will even give scripture to support their positions. Much of this is an abomination--according to scripture. We have offered millions of our offspring to Molech and/or Money.

Why do we even acknowledge deity at all on our money? Perhaps the verbage is less confusing than: GAOTU--Great Author Of The Universe--which is what some of our "founding fathers" worshipped, in their fraternity:1_grouphug: --which is not a religion(?). Now what?

Let God be found true, and every man a liar. All gods are not the same--all of them are false--save one--His name is: Elohim, Jehovah, Jesus, Immanuel. It is a fearful thing: to fall into the hands of The Living God.

Who's in your wallet?:saint:

Choose wisely.

Bro. James

#2 Bro. James, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2006
  3. AgapeMan

AgapeMan New Member

Scary

It is scary how Godless our government and nation as a whole has become, and how passive and indifferent to what's happening, the bulk of the church seem to be. It's as if the church has been put to sleep, when it should be shouting from the roof tops in protest to this Godless world and nation. :sleeping_2: :BangHead:

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know groups like the ACLU have been wanting the word "God" removed from the currencey for some time, I guess shrinking it down to where you'd need a microscope to read the word is a satisfactory compromise to them.

This new dollar is a coin, history shows they don't work out that well anyway. Too much like quarters.

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Doesn't this passage of scripture say anything to you about how insignificant this issue is?

Mat 22:15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in [his] talk.
    Mat 22:16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any [man]: for thou regardest not the person of men.
    Mat 22:17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
    Mat 22:18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, [ye] hypocrites?
    Mat 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
    Mat 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription?
    Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Having God's name on coins or on tablets in the public square is not a matter we should be focussing on. We should be focussing on "the things that are God's."

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least the motto is still on the coins.:thumbs:

7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it feeds our persecution complex!!!

If I don't expend energy on issues like this I might actually have to start living my life according to the teachings of Jesus...

8. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I can remember a time when there was Bible study and prayer in public school.I can remember a time when the Ten Commandments were on the walss of classrooms in public schools across America.I can remember a time of Christmas pageants in public schools with the story of the nativity.

I can remember a time when running in the hallway,chewing gum in class, and playing hooky were the big crimes in public schools.

I can remember a time before abortion was legal and not used as an after thought contraceptive.I can remember a time when gay meant happy.I can remember a time that the thought of same sex marriage was not even a consideration.

I can remember a time when there were no cryps,bloods,or mexican mafia,no apparatus in the schools to see if you were bringing weapons into schools, or being checked out for dope.

I can remember a time when it was considered normal to be in church and Sunday school on Sunday mornings.

With the help of the ACLU,NOW,NEA,and people for the American Way we now have abortion,flag burning,guns in schools,talk of same sex marriage,child molestation like never before(promoted by NAMB),drive by shootings,you can by dope on any street corner in the country.We have taken political correctness to rediculous ends.Our children are being taught Values clarification in schools(who gets thrown out of the boat).

Taking In God we Trust off of our coinage is just one more step.We need to get back on the right path.We pay a price daily for our toleration of sin and political correctness.:BangHead:

9. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

As to the country becoming more and more secular, is this not what Jesus told us what happen, and far worse?
    Better, as Straight and Narrow {and Jesus} suggested, render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto the Lord what is the Lord's.

We also fret about the removal of the Ten Commandments from some wall.

Maybe when we learn to keep them we can require unbelievers to do so.

People, Jesus warned these things would happen yet you try to change things back to the past.

Look to the future and the coming of Christ that will not take place until all these things and more come to pass.

MR