1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In salvation is there anything which we have to fulfill?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Amy,

NO not at all, I wasnt disagreeing with you I was adding to what you had said... I loved what you said :)

Claudia

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Look at the parable of the Pearl OF GREAT PRICE...

In the parable the pearl is not represented as a gift. The merchantman bought it at the price of all that he had. Many question the meaning of this, since Christ is represented in the Scriptures as a gift. He is a gift, but only to those who give themselves, soul, body, and spirit, to Him without reserve. We are to give ourselves to Christ, to live a life of willing obedience to all His requirements. All that we are, all the talents and capabilities we possess, are the Lord's, to be consecrated to His service. When we thus give ourselves wholly to Him, Christ, with all the treasures of heaven, gives Himself to us. We obtain the pearl of great price.

Salvation is a free gift, and yet it is to be bought and sold. In the market of which divine mercy has the management, the precious pearl is represented as being bought without money and without price. In this market all may obtain the goods of heaven. The treasury of the jewels of truth is open to all. "Behold, I have set before thee an open door," the Lord declares, "and no man can shut it." No sword guards the way through this door. Voices from within and at the door say, Come. The Saviour's voice earnestly and lovingly invites us: "I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich." Rev. 3:8, 18.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm sorry Claudia. I misinterpreted. Please forgive! :1_grouphug:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Receiving a gift is "earning" it? Is the physical act of reaching out and taking it "work" meriting the "earning" of the gift?