1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In support of the Azusa Street Revival

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, May 11, 2019.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have a video compiling on my computer right now on the Azusa Street Revival.

The Ordinances of the Azusa Street Mission were Basically Seven….

Justification by faith – We are saved, or justified, by simple faith in Christ.
    Sanctification by faith - As a second definite work of grace upon the heart and evidenced by the sweet spirit of Christ in the experience!
    Power - The baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift of power upon the sanctified life, anointing it in service and in work, with the speaking in tongues as one of the ‘signs following’ in the baptized believer along with casting out devils, healing the sick and the fruits of the Spirit accompanying the signs.
    Marriage – As a holy union between a man and a woman.
    Water Baptism – On those who have reached the age of accountability
    Communion - “We believe in the ordinance of the Lord’s supper as instituted by Jesus and followed by the apostles, and teach that it should be frequently observed in holy reverence.”
    Foot Washing - “We believe in feet washing as an ordinance, as it was established by our Master before the Lord’s supper, according to John 13:4-18, and believe it was practiced by the Apostles and disciples through the First Century” (1 Tim. 5:10).

The Methods to the Fullness of the Spirit of God were Basically Seven....

1. Justification - Faith to enter in
    2. Salvation - Christ is our sacrifice
    3. Sanctification - "Sanctification makes us clean on the inside." - William Seymour
    4. Bible Reading - At the Table of Shewbread
    5. Spiritual Fruit - At the Lampstand
    6. Prayer and Praise meetings - At the Altar of Golden Incense
    7. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit - In the Holy of Holies

And in William Seymours own handwriting....
    [​IMG]
    As far as tongues William Seymour says that if people weren’t expressing the I Corinthians 13 kind of love, then, “I care not how many tongues you may have, you have not the baptism with the Holy Spirit.” William Seymour also warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

#1 rockytopva, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And the video... I hope she does a million views!

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is important, for the sake of spirituality, that we divide the man into three parts… Physical, Spiritual, and Intellectual. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
    Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things
    Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
    The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
    The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: - Acts 17:27

I have felt God spiritually and therefore know he exists. Not only in the Pentecostal revivals, but also Baptist as well. I spent my high school years in central Michigan and fell in with the GARBC (registered Baptist). Our pastor used to take us on youth retreats in northern Michigan. The retreats were always well organized, and you had the sensation of dwelling in the inner temple as described below. The young people were also very clean cut looking and sharply dressed. Every now and then I will see a similarly led youth retreat at the Gatlinburg convention center and will be a little jealous.

To produce the sensation of being in the inner temple you must have some type of organized retreat type environment complete with the music and Evangelical type ministry. If you present and coordinate such an environment you will be able to sense the Holy Spirit in the meeting.
    [​IMG]

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That "revival" was full of quackery. Parham, who taught Seymour, rejected several Christian tenets, including the Holy trinity, a heresy he taught Seymour. He started pentecostal "faith healing". Seymour carried on with that garbage.

(Famous "healer" Smith Wigglesworth couldn't heal his own wife's deafness, nor resurrect her when she died.)

The requirement that a believer speak in unknown tongues is taught nowhere in Scripture.

And a whole line of goat ropers came from that mess:
    AIMEE SEMPLE MC PHERSON, of "Foursquare Gospel infamy
    THE COPELANDS
    THE HAGINS
    WILLIAM MARRION BRANHAM
    ORAL ROBERTS
    BENNY HINN
    T.D JAKES
    T.B.N. (T he B lasphemy N etwork) of Paul & Jan Crouch
    And umpteen hundred little nabobs and "churches" filled with man-made rules & heresies. This is the second-largest collection of quasi-pseudo-Christian cults in the world after the largest such cult of all, the RCC.