1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In the business

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 10, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Hey brethren,

I am in the financial business (wholesaler/real estate) and am beginning my course work to sit for the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) exam in Sept. Its an extremely hard exam (2-day exam) that will take me approx 2-3 years to prepare for. I am writing ask you offer a small prayer up for me that I will persevere through this and be able, God willing, to achieve the designation.

Thanks.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Where are you doing your courses to prepare?

3. ReformedBaptist

I live in the Atlanta, GA area and my local university, Kennesaw State, has an approved CFP program in the adult continuing ed program. I will take their classes.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I considered doing the CFP work, but I decided the MBA would be better for me. MBAs can be Financial planners, but CFPs limit you far more than an MBA would.

5. ReformedBaptist

I thought about both as well. The MBA would allow lattitude into management as well as financial planning. Given the fact that I am going to stay in the industry, and the expense of a CFP designation compared to an MBA, the CFP seemed a better option. It was also the recommendation of my employer.

Have you started your MBA yet?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

from one REI to another (flipper / hard money lender / ALF) I'll pray for you (even if it has already been predestined ;) :D)

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yes. I'm halfway through my MBA through Southwest University (www.southwest.edu). John Bear, an expert on distance education (and former degree mill guru for the Reagan administration's DOE) touted the school and recommended it highly. Very good price and exactly what I was looking for in terms of program structure. The interaction has been top notch and I've learned much.

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will pray for, RB.