1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In the Cross, Did God Reconcile ALL Or Just The saved Peoples?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I believe that you do, but only after your regenerated.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Otherwise that would then be considered the sin of unbelief.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

What do you mean, a regenerated person is already saved, they had no part in that.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you believe a regenerated person can be a unbeliever or a unsaved person ?

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

What, do you believe you can be saved without coming to Jesus?

The scriptures show man has to respond to God MANY times.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Do we have a part here? What do we have to do so that he will come in and sup with us?

Jn 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Did this woman need to do something to get living water from Jesus? What did she need to do?

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Ask
    Seek
    Knock

Hey, what happens when you take the first letter of these three commands Jesus gave us, what does that spell?

Let's see... first A, then S, then K. What does that spell?

ASK

Isn't that amazing, Greek words written 2,000 years ago would spell a word in English. What are the chances of that?

You need to ask.

#105 Winman, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Being that there was no person mentioned in particular,
    but a comment offered to someone else...based on observations of some general patterns that are accurate if investigated. Maybe some with a conscience that is troubled may relate to the issue as something that needs to be "reported".
    If I have something to say to you WD I will say it directly to you,as I have several times as you know. Are you now the BB overseer? Would you prefer to have no one who disagrees with you have any say?
    Any poster has a right to express their concerns. I support most of SBM posts.

Maybe your motives in this are not so pure and pristine as you would present.:thumbs:

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I'm not interested in debating you. Just wanted you to admit you had a part in your salvation.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can only speak from 1st hand experience SBM & I was not saved prior to being regenerated. The funny thing is however that I did not consider myself an unbeliever until I learned what were the characteristics of an unbeliever were.

The best illustration is George Whitfield's sermon, "The Method Of Grace" ....have you heard or read it?

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

double post

#109 Winman, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ewf:

Do you believe one is reconciled to God legally[By Christ Death] before they are born again ?

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

No need to debate, a simple yes or no would haved sufficed.

Was Paul really a Calvinist? Let's see.

1 Tim 4:16 Take heed to thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Hmmm... I've never heard a Calvinist say a person can save himself, but that is exactly what Paul said here. WOW!

How about Peter? Was he a Calvinist?

Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Oh no! Not Peter too!

That's alright, Peter and Paul didn't have Calvin's Institutes and weren't aware of proper doctrine. Good thing Calvin came along 1500 years later to straighten out this false doctrine Paul and Peter taught.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and yet another attack. Apparently I'm not the only one to see it.

My conscience is quite clean, btw.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you should know by now --that verse is addressed to believers --not the unsaved. The verse you quoted is to the Church at Laodicea.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, the "church" of "believers" that has Christ (who will never leave nor forsake a true believer) on the outside knocking to come in. Sounds like true believers to me, in fact MacArthur agrees how much of a true non-church they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.