1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In times of trouble

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Thermodynamics, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Thermodynamics

Hello all,

Over the past few years my wife has been suffering from a serious illness and along with it has come bouts of depression. I love her very much and seeing her suffer has been very painful for me. At times I have questioned God and my faith has been shaken in my weaker moments.

However, in spite of my weakness, God has never left my side, even when I couldn't see Him working I know He was right here with us. When I was mad at Him He was loving and patient with me. After I doubted, He forgave. When I was in darkness, He was a light.

My wife and I may not be at the end of this battle, in fact we may only be at the beginning. Our darkest days may not be behind us yet, but I am so very thankful to God for being by my side in this battle, for being a loving Father and for His comfort in time of pain.

I pray that if you are reading this and you don't know Jesus yet that you'll take a moment to pray and ask Him into your life. Being saved doesn't mean that you'll never have problems, chances are you will, but you'll have those problem if your not saved as well! Isn't it better to face the worst that life can (and will) throw at you with God by your side?

"When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." Psalms 94:19

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm so sorry that you and your wife are dealing with this difficulty in your lives. I pray God's peace, comfort and grace on you as you continue down the path He has for you.

3. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

So sorry to read about your troubles. It sounds like quite a hardship, I will pray for you and your wife.

4. Thermodynamics

Thank you both, I appreciate your prayers very, very much!

I would also appreciate you joining me in thanking God for all that He has done for my wife and I. I know that He is working in this situation and I know that He will heal her when the time is right.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You both are in my prayers!

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm so sorry for your suffering Thermo. I understand how you feel. My husband and I have had a traumatic year and God has been right there with us. My faith suffered at times, but God did not leave me there. He has been so good and provided just what we needed when we needed it. I have learned that God moves in His timing, not mine.

Praying for peace, comfort and healing for your wife.