1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Inappropiate language

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Harold Garvey, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

It seems some name-calling is being allowed on the Baptist Board. I am not one to extend a matter beyond normal expectancy, but I have read the rules and agreed with them, but now it seems some are allowed not only to bend the rules but to break them.

I asked for something to be removed from the public view. I had already reported the name-calling and gave the reason why.

I ask for the public view to either make a decision concerning this as my formal complaint about the following:

Mexdeaf said
    What should we do as Baptist Board members who want to maintain godly charatcer and a testimony?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to be careful that we're not playing the "inappropriate language" card just to silence our enemies.

In the short time I've been here, one of my posts has already been censored for "inappropriate language", and I got a very rude PM about it. The ironic thing is that not only is the word I used not "inappropriate language" (or, "profanity", as I was told), it's a word that appears repeatedly in scripture. So I guess if I'm using profanity by using that word, Jesus, Peter, and Paul are all using profanity, too.

Honestly? I'd just let it go.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Let's post that reply in context, shall we??

I said, in toto:

"I would like to know what I have said about you that was not the truth. You may not know it, but you come across on the forum here as a know-it-all blowhard. That is apparent not only to me but to several others, so I am not the only one making the observation.

I don't know how old you are, but I have learned in my almost 53 years here on earth and 32 years as a child of God that although criticisms directed at me are not always 100% true, usually they contain some element of truth that I need to pay attention to and that requires correction in my own life. You might want to take a moment to reflect upon that and apply it as needed.

And if the moderators feel that this rebuke is unwarranted I ask them to remove it. I will close with this-

Psalm 141:5- Let a righteous man strike me—it is a kindness; let him rebuke me—it is oil for my head; let my head not refuse it."

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Garvey, please listen (read posts) more and note that a number of folks have the same opinion of your attitude. Step back and observe more.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need for this thread to continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.