1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Inauguration Prayer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dr. Bob, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Rush is a lot like me. We may be wrong, but we're never in doubt.

2. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Warren is giving only the invocation. No one has mentioned Dr. Joseph Lowery who has been invited to give the benediction. This is another great choice.

Tim Reynolds

3. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

The right-wing does not have to try to make Obama look like a radical left-winger. Obama has already done that with his voting record.

We do need to pray for him tho. Pray that he and his followers (all those who voted for him) will change their minds about murdering American children in their mothers womb.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray for W as the outgoing President and Barry as the new President every day. And for our nation under a slightly-more liberal agenda.

If I were asked to give a public prayer for ANY official, I would count it an honor.

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior."

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I once was invited by the mayors office to do the invocation for a council session. They cautioned me not to say in the name of Jesus. So I said it twice... In case the missed it the first time... :thumbs:

I looked at the mayor and city council and don't think anyone was surprised. You can tell I wasn't the first to ignore that warning.

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I celebrate the pick wholeheartedly.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It was an excellent pick. The election is over. Obama won, fair and square. I did not vote for him, but wish him God's speed in leading this nation, and hope God continues to richly bless us, although we do not even come close to being deserving.

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kudos LB; way to go!!!:thumbs::thumbs: